Best TV show of 2012 already.....

Does exactly what it says on the tin.

Previous topicNext topic

Postby king chillout » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 pm

Protecting our Children BBC 2 last Monday night. It's still on BBC i-player.

Please do yourselves a favour and take a look at the fucking animals we have living among us. Take a look at the amount of pussy-footing around this scum manage to squeeze out of our Social Services. Marvel at the amount of tax-payers cash two lazy fuckers and their offspring can suck out of the system. Wonder at just how fucking useless these **** are to society.

Then ask yourself.......was it a rash decision to get rid of all the gas chambers ?

Three years after his birth, their son cannot speak a single word. Worse still, he's never had a proper bed in all that time. One week after being provided with a bed by the social services.....it's still in it's box, surrounded by dog shit.

And it gets worse !
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby Realist » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:59 pm

I have just watched it. Shocking.

To start with I had no time for either of them, I had them both down as low intelligence, work shy benefit grasping scroungers, as the program wore on that opinion didn't change. I noticed the Dad - Mike often called his son "Oi" and would say "shuttup" when playing with him, no wonder the poor lad couldn't speak.

The house was a disgrace. Dog faeces on the floor, both parents sat around too idle to do anything, even when they tried to put in place a plan to help them.

It soon became clear the real problem was Mike, one of the female social workers said he's basically blaming everyone & everything for his own lack of parenting skills.

It was then revealed the Mum Tiffany was pregnant again, she later gave premature birth to a baby daughter. During this difficult pregnancy, and due to Tiffany being in & out of hospital Mike was in control of bringing up his son. The nursery his son went to reported their concerns, and so Social Services wanted to take Toby off him for the night. Mike refused and kicked up fuss. Eventually Toby was taken into foster care, and Mike was given supervised visits.

Tiffany gave birth to a premature baby daughter, and once she was well enough she was also taken in to care.

Mike & Tiffany later split up after he had given her a belt. She hadn't heard anything from him since.

Tiffany then announced she was giving both children up for adoption. I actually had sympathy with her, you could see she was devastated but she had taken the decision for the right reasons, that being she was incapable of looking after them. She can write to them twice a year but she will be unable to see either of them as while they are children.

The daughter has been found adoptive parents but because of Toby's special needs they have so far been unable to find him an adoptive home. It just shows the damage that can be done in a few short years by incompetent parenting.

I hope Tiffany can make the best of her life because I don't think she is a bad person. She made the ultimate sacrifice a Mother can make and for that she deserves credit. As for Mike who hasn't been seen since, let's hope he jumped in the nearest river, because he shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Prediction League World Champion.
Realist

Prediction League Wins: 2

Re: Best TV show of 2012 already.....

Postby Nick » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:44 am

I too watched it and totally agree with what Real has said and in the end also felt very sorry for the mother who had obviously been manipulated throughout her life with the father of the children the end of a long line of mental abusers to this woman.
Nick
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Postby king chillout » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Unless he is very, very lucky, the eldest kid with special needs will almost certainly spend the rest of his life in care. There just aren't the people out there who have the time and money to be able to adopt kids like him.

I'd say the case highlighted in the program was mild compared to what I know having just spent almost three years going through the adoption system. There was no alcohol or drug abuse and no sexual abuse and only a little violence. Most cases are a lot worse than this.

One of the kids we looked at adopting had seen his mum and dad stab each other. Another little girl had actually been fathered by her Grandfather ! Another had been in an armed siege when her dad kidnapped her and her brother. There is another world out there that most of us never know exists.

Adopting our little lad has been the best thing I have ever done in my life. He is told every day that he is loved by his mummy and daddy and he rewards us every time we see him smile or laugh his head off. We have and will make a massive difference to his life, but there are thousands of kids just like him and his brother who are waiting for someone to come along and rescue them from their lives of misery and they will go on waiting until it's too late. It's not their fault their mum and dad are animals.
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby Roger Mellie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:08 pm

You and your infertile mrs are not the lads mummy and daddy. Babysitter.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby Realist » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:37 pm

The thing is Chill, I understand the need for the authorities to vet people wishing to adopt, and it cannot happen overnight, but why does it take so long? It surely shouldn't take 3 years to have checked the background of two potential applicants before they can see they would or wouldn't make suitable parents? There are way too many kids in need of help for the process to take as long as it does, surely 6 months is sufficient enough time to have heckled all applicants out?
Realist

Postby Nick » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Realist wrote:The thing is Chill, I understand the need for the authorities to vet people wishing to adopt, and it cannot happen overnight, but why does it take so long? It surely shouldn't take 3 years to have checked the background of two potential applicants before they can see they would or wouldn't make suitable parents? There are way too many kids in need of help for the process to take as long as it does, surely 6 months is sufficient enough time to have heckled all applicants out?

Even after 3 years of vetting mistakes are still made. (I am not implying that they have made a mistake with Mr & Mrs Chillout)
Nick
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Postby Realist » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:26 pm

Nick wrote:
Realist wrote:The thing is Chill, I understand the need for the authorities to vet people wishing to adopt, and it cannot happen overnight, but why does it take so long? It surely shouldn't take 3 years to have checked the background of two potential applicants before they can see they would or wouldn't make suitable parents? There are way too many kids in need of help for the process to take as long as it does, surely 6 months is sufficient enough time to have heckled all applicants out?

Even after 3 years of vetting mistakes are still made. (I am not implying that they have made a mistake with Mr & Mrs Chillout)

I accept that Nick, and even if it took 10 years I'm sure some will still slip through the net so to speak. Where I'm coming from is why does it take so long when the amount of children in need of adoptive parents far outweighs the anount of people wanting to adopt? And while the need for more adoptive parents shouldn't compromise the proper and thorough checks they have to go through, it surely shouldn't take 3 years?
Realist

Postby the boss » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:10 am

what shocks me the most is how chills saw it as I'm sure he does not watch the BBC :shock:
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby king chillout » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:55 pm

the boss wrote:what shocks me the most is how chills saw it as I'm sure he does not watch the BBC :shock:

Mrs Chillout sky plused it. If it hadn't been on the TV while I went downstairs to restock on grapes and wine while I play poker, I wouldn't have seen it. I very, very, very rarely watch anything on the BBC that isn't football or QI. I'm sick and tired of the BBC lying to me about man made global warming, immigration, about how the evil Tory cuts are going to starve children to death and that Islam is a religion of peace. :roll:
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby Realist » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Did you see the Asian lads who admitted plotting to cause Mumbai mayhem in London last week? They were originally arrested and released without charge in 2008, they were interviewed afterward and two of them were on film saying "I am a peaceful man, we must respect all faiths and religions". They have only admitted their guilt now because they were promised drastically lower sentences. Funnily enough the BBC didn't show the previous interviews of the peaceful lads innocently being persecuted.

The enemy within, and I'm not just referring to the Muslim ****.
Realist

Postby king chillout » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:35 pm

We sent in the application to be considered as adopters on Jan 2nd 2009. We didn't get a reply for 6 months.

Once accepted ( although not approved to adopt) we had to wait to go on a course which was held every Monday for six weeks. This was basically preparing you for what it's like to adopt, why the kids are in the adoption process and what "special" little/big problems the kids will have because of their shitty upbringing by parents no better than animals.
We look at various cases from mild to sadistic and look at how the development of the child can be hindered by their experiences.
The course also includes info on why kids do the things they do and what they need to experience to become normal happy children.

I was dreading the course as I knew it was going to contain a lot of PC bollocks, but once that was strained out I actually loved it ! It should be mandatory for every prospective parent to attend. Kids do not grow up healthy and happy by mistake. There is plenty a parent can do to ensure their children turn out OK and thankfully there have been loads of people studying children so you can find out about what works and what doesn't.

After the course is finished is when all the interviewing and probing of your personal life begins. We were warned that a lot of people get pissed off with this, but we didn't think it was too bad. They want to know if you have a social/family circle who will be able to back you up when help is needed. You have to have people who will vouch for you and they WILL be interviewed. There is tons of other stuff they need to know and they do ask some awkward questions about your private life. If you are some kind of arsey fuck who can't understand they need to know they aren't giving free kids away to monsters, it will piss you off. Anyone with an ounce of sense will understand why they ask the questions they do.

After that, they will consider whether you are suitable or not. A lot of people drop out by this stage. Various reasons including getting pregnant, fed up with waiting and scared shitless by what is really needed to adopt a kid. It's all quite eye-opening and I have to admit that I knew next to fuck all about the adoption process when we started. If you think you are going to be handed some angel faced baby and live happily ever after....think again.

All this is needed to see if you are suitable to "go to panel". Which means that a group of people decide if you can be approved to adopt and how many children you can adopt. This ends with a meeting before the panel when they tell you yea or nay. To be fair, it's unusual to be put before a panel if they aren't 99% sure you will be approved. But it has happened.

Our panel was supposed to be in early August of 2009 but got pushed back to late September. We were approved to adopt one child between the ages of two and five.

Then you wait.....and it seems like nothing is happening.

But behind the scenes your social worker is looking for children who match what you have been approved for, what you have said you are looking for and, believe it or not, that they look like you !

We didn't mind if we adopted a boy or girl or how old they were. But we did ask not to be considered for a disabled child or one with severe learning difficulties. This was because we were quite honest and said we knew we would find it hard dealing with a normal healthy kid, let alone one with even more problems. Most kids in the adoption system have some sort of delay in their learning, speaking or walking, just because they haven't been looked after properly, so we expected that our child would not be perfect and was prepared for that.

Our first child that we were interviewed about was a lad from Leeds. That was in March 2010. We were quite enthusiastic about him, but our social worker warned us away as she said she didn't quite feel he was right for us. We decided to go with her feelings as she was the expert, not us.

Each child comes with a fully detailed file about their life so far and everything you could want to know about their situation, parents and health. This is when you realise how fucked up people can be. To know that you have turned a child down and probably condemned them to more misery than they have already suffered is not a nice feeling. I still think about the first little lad and wonder what has become of him.

Months passed by and we got offered more kids, most of whom were totally unsuitable for us and I still have no idea why they were even considered by the adoption services in the first place ?
Most of the time you just hear nothing from the adoption people. It actually feels like they might have forgotten about you.

July 2011.....

Finally get "offered" a kid that seems perfect for us, but the problem is that another couple are also being interviewed about them. Unfortunately we lose out. Not surprisingly, we start getting a bit pissed off and begin losing hope.

August 2011...

Amazingly a social worker in Rugby has been waiting to see if Me and Mrs Chillout were turned down for the July child because she has a kid we might be interested in !!!

One look at his picture and his file and we know this is the kid we were meant to adopt.
Our people talk to his people and bingo, it's a done deal......except the spanner gets thrown......his foster parents say they want to adopt him at the last minute. The rules are that if a foster parent wants to adopt a child in their care, they must be considered by the adoption people first.

It's a fucker. When Mrs Chillout phoned me at work to give me the bad news I actually cried. We decide there and then that if this one fails, we are giving up. It's too heartbreaking to go through it again, and we are not getting any younger. We have lives and we can't just keep putting everything on hold.

October 2011...

The foster parents are rejected for two reasons.....they are too old and by the time they become approved adopters it is thought that the child will be unsuitable for them. Great news for us, bad news for them.

November 2011...

we have to meet Child X and the foster parents who as you can imagine are not exactly happy to see us. In fact they really don't like us. Their behaviour is fucking odd to say the least and they quite quickly start telling their social worker that me and Mrs Chillout are the wrong choice. Bitter and twisted is not the word.

The first part of November is spent meeting child X every day, sometimes this involves taking him back to our house and taking him back at night. We have to feed him, change him, play with him, bath him and put him to bed.
Child X has a brother who is four and with the same foster parents. They are going to be split up. The elder brother is to be adopted a week before we adopt Child X.

November 17th..

adoption day ! We pick Child X up at 2:00 pm and that is that.

After ten weeks we can apply to the courts for a hearing in which we are given the legal right to change his surname and legally adopt him.

And that is why it takes so long.
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby Roger Mellie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:19 am

Nonce
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:52 pm

It should be mandatory for every prospective parent to attend

what do you think this is - Stalinist Russia ? The People Republic of China ?
Bloody Communist...intefering in peoples lives. You're as bad as New Labour. ;-)

Those of us whose bits work properly & are going to live forever by passing on our genes just get on with it & parent happy healthy kids. It's easy.
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby king chillout » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:05 pm

Burf wrote:

what do you think this is - Stalinist Russia ? The People Republic of China ?
Bloody Communist...intefering in peoples lives. You're as bad as New Labour. ;-)

Those of us whose bits work properly & are going to live forever by passing on our genes just get on with it & parent happy healthy kids. It's easy.

No, I don't think it is Stalinist Russia.....it's 21st Century Britain where teenagers still in school are giving birth to kids they do not know how to care for because they cannot even care for themselves properly, usually because their own parents didn't have the knowledge to look after them in a decent way, and so on.

We have thousands of kids in the care system. Obviously a lot of people don't know how to look after their children. We need to do something. Giving people knowledge to make their lives and the lives of their children better is hardly oppression.
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:23 pm

I know whats best for my family. . . Not some (non) jobsworth preaching from a stupid little pamphlet. . . Now skin up son, and fetch me another 2009 fleurie from the cellar. . .
Android [ Post made via Android ]
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby king chillout » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:06 pm

plastic scouser wrote:I know whats best for my family. . . Not some (non) jobsworth preaching from a stupid little pamphlet. . . Now skin up son, and fetch me another 2009 fleurie from the cellar. . .

" I know what's best for my family"

The catchphrase of every person who's had their kids taken into care.

I actually know someone who had her five kids taken into care just a few weeks ago. She was absolutely pissed in a local pub while being in charge of a 6 month old baby in a pram. This was too much for some people to take and they called the police. Within days her kids had been taken from her and she was thrown out of her council house.

She was screaming blue murder when the social services came for the children. Something about knowing what was best for her kids.

Trouble is, it should have been done ages ago. The mother has a history of vile behaviour going back years, but instead of that, the social were busy giving her two brand new homes and knocking them into one !

The kids are now with the dad.......a serial thief who's been in and out of prison so many times I've lost count !
What chance of they got of being brought up right ?
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:38 am

sharia Law is clearly whats needed. Mum couldn't go out & get pissed, dad would have his hands cut off and the kids would be at prayer. Sorted.
Android [ Post made via Android ]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:34 am

Giving people knowledge to make their lives and the lives of their children better is hardly oppression.

I agree. But that's not what you wrote is it :

totally different things there, eh Chairman Mao ?

Engage that brain, or at least try to, dear boy.
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:30 am

king chillout wrote:
the boss wrote:what shocks me the most is how chills saw it as I'm sure he does not watch the BBC :shock:

Mrs Chillout sky plused it. If it hadn't been on the TV while I went downstairs to restock:

so you base your opinion on things you don't see :roll:
the boss
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Games/Music/Film