Everybody Go Out and Buy........

Does exactly what it says on the tin.

Previous topicNext topic

Re: Everybody Go Out and Buy........

Postby Sick Boy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:51 pm

Found this analysis of the ending of The Sopranos if anyone is interested, probably the best one I have seen... http://www.bobharris.com/content/view/1406/1/
Whoever is first in the field and awaits the coming of the enemy, will be fresh for the fight; whoever is second in the field and has to hasten to battle will arrive exhausted.
Sick Boy
Manager
Manager

Postby Lloydy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Not interested yet, just started season 5
RIP Jimmy 'the Rev' Sullivan
Lloydy
Manager
Manager

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby Sick Boy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:29 pm

Nearly there mate! Do you have a favourite series so far?
Sick Boy
Manager
Manager

Postby ccfctommy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:04 pm

Lloydy wrote:
Season 3, disc 4, episode one, 'Pine Barrens'. Chrissy and Paulie chase that russian through the forest. Absolutely fucking awesome episode. [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]

Easily one of the best ones, so so funny. :lol:
ccfctommy
Manager
Manager

Postby Lloydy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:03 pm

Sick Boy wrote:
Nearly there mate! Do you have a favourite series so far?

See thats tough question as i've had all 6 (minus the last epiodes) for ages, and whenever i watch them i watch from start to finish, so they all blend into one really. Only seen series 6 part 1 one or twice, let me finish em and maybe i can give you a better answer. Off the top of my head no single series really stands out, other than the first and thats probably because it was something new, different and fucking awesome. Much like he West wing, the first season will always stick out for me as i thought it was simple the best drama i'd ever seen, and nothings beaten it yet for me, but after seeing all the series so many times the last two were epic just cos of how good Martin Sheen was.
Lloydy
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:09 pm

Sick Boy wrote:
Found this analysis of the ending of The Sopranos if anyone is interested, probably the best one I have seen... http://www.bobharris.com/content/view/1406/1/

that was fantastic, altho his never ending "I don't know, just guessing" pissed me off a bit, some stuff I would never have noticed myself.
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lloydy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Season 5 Episode 11 - The test Dream. Fucking bizarre.

Got the weekend off, two more episodes of season 5 to watch, then onto season 6, which means i'm gonna need to buy the final episodes now [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
Lloydy
Manager
Manager

Postby Lloydy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:09 pm

Season 6 part one done, Season 6 the final episodes begin NOW!!! [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
Lloydy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sick Boy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Any thoughts so far? The cinematography in the 2nd half of season six is very different to the rest of the series, I think it captures the plot and the general 'feeling' very well. Phil Leotardo is hilarious as well, haha!
Sick Boy
Manager
Manager

Postby Lloydy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Got the last two episodes left, saving them for tomorrow. So far so very good. FOR ANYONE WHO HASNT SEEN THE END AND DOESNT WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS STOP READING NOW!!!!

*************************************************************************************************************************************

Surprised when Chrissy died, but not surprised he was high as a kite when it happened. Tony survives another scrape, he's got more lives than a cat this bloke.

The whole AJ suicide thing was very well done i thought.

So far the Junior storyline has been a massive disappointment, hopefully it'll be done and dusted soon as i'm finding it a bit boring.

As for Phil Leotardo, he simply has to go!!! Been saying this (granted to myself) since about the second episode he was in. Dont like him, arrogant smug prick, but your right, he's funny and good value. You just cant trust a guy who's eyebrows and hair colour dont match. Anyone else think that toad that hangs around with him, the one with the dodgy eye, looks like Golum from LOTR? And how T dealt with Coco after coming on to Meadow, priceless.
Looking forward to how the situation between NY and Jersey ends, as well as how Tony and Melfie finish up. Tomorrow is gonna be a good day.
Lloydy
Manager
Manager

Postby Roger Mellie » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:13 pm

It's not real you boring ****

Good work Marlon.

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby Lloydy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:05 pm

Finally finished, fookin quality!!! Nice to see Phils head end up under the tyres of an SUV. The ending was great.

Sick Boy wrote:

This link wont open for me, wants me to sign in, can you paste it of PM me it?
Lloydy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sick Boy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:00 pm

It's doing the same for me mate, looks as though you are going to have to sign up! ;-) What do you think 'happened' at the end?
Sick Boy
Manager
Manager

Postby Lloydy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:47 pm

Sick Boy wrote:
It's doing the same for me mate, looks as though you are going to have to sign up! ;-) What do you think 'happened' at the end?

Seen it a couple of times now, reckon he dies. That bloke who walks into the place infront of AJ, then goes in to the toilet shoots him i think. Tony keeps looking up whenever someone comes into the restaurant and we see what he would see, think we dont see Meadow walking in as thats when he gets shot. Dunno what all the meadow parking was all about though. Maybe a few more viewings and i'll of thought of something.

If he is dead, i dont get why. the war with NY was over, that pleb Phil is dead, everything was going fine, cant make sense of it, yet.

You got any other links that offer some theories?
Lloydy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sick Boy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:21 am

There is this one http://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/t ... f-the-end/ sadly I don't think it's as good as the other analysis, i'm not sure why it won't let you access it. It would be well worth registering so you can look at the analysis, it really is worth it!
I thought the Meadow parking thing could be so that it allows the gunman a clear shot of Tony's head maybe? I think the article that you can't access makes comparisons between the ending of the Sopranos and Godfather III and how in GF3 someone else is also killed by someone coming out of a toilet.
I would have thought that by taking out Tony then his family really have been decapitated as there is not really anyone left compared to the size of the New York family. I think the little bloke (Butch) would have become boss of New York and if you watch season 6 he seems to have a real strong dislike for Tony. I think Phil Leotardo is a brilliant character and one of the funniest on the show! Also, the shot of Paulie by himself outside Satriale's by himself towards the end if significant as it seems to show him alone in the world, as the shot pans out it signifies danger and vulnerability.
Sick Boy
Manager
Manager

Postby Lloydy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:35 pm

Lloydy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sick Boy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:44 pm

Phil Leotardo: Sure, we break some balls here tonight, but I go way back. And in light of recent humiliations, it's an honor to be joined by men, and not faggot ass corn-holin' cocksuckers like married my cousin. He should fuckin' die!

Tony Soprano: Whoah whoah whoah. Phil!

Gerry Torciano: Take it easy. Phil, you know the wine makes you emotional.

Phil Leotardo: 'Cuz I got an empty fuckin' stomach.

Tony Soprano: So have a breadstick.

Patsy Parisi: Forty Five minutes for some grilled eggplant?

Tony Soprano: Jesus Christ. Is there nothin' without this complainin'?
Sick Boy
Manager
Manager

Postby Lloydy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:21 am

Just bought 'The Wire' season 1 from tescos for £12. Not seen any of em so i'm hoping for good things.
Lloydy
Manager
Manager

Postby Des » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:43 am

Sub-titles are your friend.
--
"I'm curvy, it's just the way I yam"
Des

Postby the boss » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:16 pm