Avengers....

Does exactly what it says on the tin.

Previous topicNext topic

Avengers....

Postby king chillout » Fri May 11, 2012 9:15 pm

....two hours and twenty minutes of pure quality.

The Hulk, both as Banner and The Hulk, is the star of the show and is very smartly used sparingly. He quite literally has the best "punch" line in the whole film. I never thought I'd say it but they have to make another Hulk movie. Now that he can talk a new film wouldn't be so arse-achingly boring. Banner does not have to be the main focus as other characters can interact with Hulk and more smashing can take place which is what we all want to see anyway.

I can't wait to see it again.

Nerd note for those who are going to be left a bit bemused by the end credits "reveal" : The big purple guy standing on a chunk of space rock with the wrinkley chin and evil grin is Thanos. A major Marvel Universe bad guy who's like JR Ewing with super-powers. Why does the mention of "death" make him smile ? Because he's on a mission to murder half the population of the universe in an effort to get into the nickers of Death ( a woman in Marvel Universe lore). He's always been written in a Shakespearian way, brooding, scheming, brutal, yet he can have his moments of emotion and even kindness of a sort. He's the king of the silique and can prattle on for pages about his inner thoughts.

One of his major storylines involved the cube/tesseract but his biggest claim to fame is that he wielded the Infinity Gauntlet which grants the wearer power over every aspect of the universe including time. The Gauntlet was shown in Odins vault in the Thor movie.

king chillout
Manager
Manager

Re: Avengers....

Postby Roger Mellie » Fri May 11, 2012 9:37 pm

I bet you're a great laugh on a night out.
Android [ Post made via Android ]
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby king chillout » Fri May 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Roger Mellie wrote:I bet you're a great laugh on a night out.

You are correct. I am. Although one of the disadvantages of knowing the kinds of stuff I do is that I'm always being asked to be in someone's quiz team or explain to people why they are being shafted up the arse by the government of the day. If some old biddy down the road wants her new digibox plugging in, I get the call. If someone wants a new PC, I get dragged along to PC World. Who do all the foreigners at work get along with....me ! A mate gets a new mobile he hasn't got the first clue how to use....who's he gonna call ? King Chillout !!!

It may be hard for you to puncture your odd view of me, but I'm actually a well liked person. The reason for it isn't any big mystery. I'm just a nice bloke.
My Mrs was only saying the other day that complete strangers seem to have no problem homing in on me and telling me their life story. I must have one of those faces that says " totally non-threatening come and have a natter".
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Fri May 11, 2012 11:44 pm

I don't understand any of this post..? ( neither content nor purpose ) ...?
I have just finished reading a new appraisal of the work of William Blake however. Not sure if this adds anything to this particular smorgasbord though...?
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby slobbydan sillibic » Sat May 12, 2012 9:27 am

That Emma Peel is a top piece of Tottie !
i am wearing sensible feet
slobbydan sillibic
Manager
Manager

Postby king chillout » Sun May 13, 2012 8:38 pm

In just 19 days the Avengers film has taken over 1 Billion dollars.

Hulk smash indeed !

king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Sun May 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Cat litter is one of the most successful products in the western world in terms of profit margin.
Interesting fact.
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby slobbydan sillibic » Mon May 14, 2012 10:21 am

Hmmm crunchy
slobbydan sillibic
Manager
Manager

Return to Games/Music/Film