HTC One S

Does exactly what it says on the tin.

Previous topicNext topic

HTC One S

Postby king chillout » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:48 pm

It's upgrade time and instead of going for a cheapo pay monthly deal with an out of date new phone I thought I'd push the boat out and get a nice new model.

It's not the top of the range, although there isn't much between the X and the S handsets, but it's breathtakingly quick compared to our old HTC Legends !

Drawbacks include no removable SD card. The included 16GB doesn't sound bad until you find out you can only use just under 10GB to store your stuff. But I only had 8GB on the old phone and never filled it. Also there is no removable battery. Hopefully it will last the two years of the contract, but it will mean the resale of it at the end of the two years will be shite. Hopefully someone will be replacing the batteries by then ?

The camera is very good, easily the best I've used on a phone. I've not really tried the HD video camera.
The screen is superb and the phone is very light. Signal reception has been good so far. Wi-fi and bluetooth have linked up just as they should with no problems. Sound quality of calls is stunning, I've had to turn the volume down at times ! Music also sounds great through headphones.

In the few days I've had it I've been impressed. Hopefully at the weekend I will see my IBM nerd mate down the pub and we can compare his HTC One X to the S
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Re: HTC One S

Postby billythefish » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Can you make calls on it?
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby the boss » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:36 am

billythefish wrote:Can you make calls on it?

could if he had someone to call :lol:
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:04 am

Just more landfill.....

....All the latest smartphones I've seen are fucking massive.....way way too big......may as well go back to the Nokia Brick.
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 am

why are you still posting on here KC ?
shouldnt you be in the court house in Norway supporting your mate .... you know the one that basically has a manifesto that tallys exactly with everything you believe in ?
Go & film that **** with your HTC HD phone camera.
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby bolix » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Burf wrote:why are you still posting on here KC ?
shouldnt you be in the court house in Norway supporting your mate .... you know the one that basically has a manifesto that tallys exactly with everything you believe in ?
Go & film that **** with your HTC HD phone camera.

:lol: [smilie=icon_goodpost.gif]
Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead
bolix
Manager
Manager

Prediction League Wins: 1

Return to Games/Music/Film