Squad Numbers

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Squad Numbers

Postby skyblue025 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:46 pm

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 95,00.html

No 5, 9 or 11.

Could these be the new signings Betty is on about.

Doesn't mean anything nowdays they could be 3 keepers with how numbers go these days. How i long for 1 - 11 or atleast 1-25.
skyblue025
Manager
Manager

google adsense
Google

Re: Squad Numbers

Postby AD » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:41 pm

1 Lee Burge
2 Jordan Willis
3 Danny Pugh
4 Andrew Webster
5 Reda Johnson
6 Conor Thomas
7 John Fleck
10 Danny Swanson
11 Jim O’Bien
12 Dan Seaborne
14 Mohamed Coulibaly
15 Shaun Miller
17 Billy Daniels
18 Aaron Phillips
20 Marcus Tudgay
23 Ryan Allsop
24 Jordan Clarke
26 Ryan Haynes
27 Jack Finch
28 Ivor Lawton

No number for Barton, which isn't overly surprising, but none for Baker most certainly is. Even if he is likely to be on his way surely it's not worth the bad PR and potential bad blood it may cause, as well as possibly putting off signings who think they might be treated like shit. How much would the admin of adding him to the list and printing up a couple of shirts come to?

I think Baker's alright - he can be infuriating at times and even exciting on occasion but I find it very difficult to believe that SP believes he could not do any job for this club whatsoever, given the squad he could well even end up in my first XI. And I think he comes across as an extremely likeable, professional individual who conducts himself well (certainly for a footballer). He doesn't deserve the ignominy

And before anyone asks, I assume this is a decision made by SP not SISU.

Also notice Urquhart hasn't been given a number, so has he been told he's off too? Another phenomenal SP signing! (Maddison and Thomas haven't either but technically they're still part of the academy squad even though they've signed pro-deals)

Although you can't necessarily read much into squad numbers Willis as No.2? Does SP really think the guy is a right-back? Better than Phillips, or dare I say it even Clarke?
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:30 am

With a tight budget I think it makes sense to move Baker on. I think he could do a decent job for the club but I think that his wages (he is the highest earner at the club) could be better spent in other areas. Regarding giving him a number then I dont think the club can win. If they give him a number and sell him and people buy shirts with his name on it they get grief. If they dont give him a number then they get grief as he is still part of the club. Personally there are more important issues to worry about.

I think the fact that they have left some numbers free shows SP's intent to bring in a few new faces. If the players are available at the money that the club can pay is another matter.

Overall the squad looks as good as last year at the minute and on paper should do allright.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby dog rout 21 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:49 pm

Baker is shit, all this fake fuss just because he's on facebook is pathetic, just another chance to blame SISU. I also don't get it as he's been a constant target for the boo boys. He doesn't fit into the way SP wants to play, is past his best and is probably a high earner. Seems like a nice bloke, especially with all the stuff he did for that lad who died last year but his time is up, lets not get carried away.
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The Englander » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:11 pm

dog rout 21 wrote:Baker is shit, all this fake fuss just because he's on facebook is pathetic, just another chance to blame SISU. I also don't get it as he's been a constant target for the boo boys. He doesn't fit into the way SP wants to play, is past his best and is probably a high earner. Seems like a nice bloke, especially with all the stuff he did for that lad who died last year but his time is up, lets not get carried away.

[smilie=icon_clapclap.gif] Nail On Head.
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Previous topicNext topic

Return to CCFC Chat