Jimmy Hill RIP

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Jimmy Hill RIP

Postby AD » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:59 pm

Deepest condolences to all his family and friends. But let's not be sad he's gone but be thankful for his life. He fitted more into his life than most people could ever hope to

A man who has probably changed football more than any other individual in the history of the game, let alone just our club. You look back and have to wonder 'what if' had he not left to go into broadcasting.

In many ways I feel part of his extended family because of how much he involved the fans.

It seems very apt and Jimmy-like that he died on a home matchday, at a time when the club is playing good football, scoring goals and exciting fans, and at the age of 87. Almost like he was waiting for it...

I'll be wearing a black chinband in his honour.
AD
Manager
Manager

Re: Jimmy Hill RIP

Postby Nick » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:56 pm

RIP Jimmy :(
Nick
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Postby the boss » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:17 pm

a great man who should of had a knighthood years ago. RIP Jim, its a shame you had to endure the last few years of illness. In football the word legend is often used where it is not deserved but in Jims case it is the only word to describe him.
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:58 am

Sad news indeed and whilst I was too young to remember the days when he transformed the club from a bottom league side to Div 1, without him we wouldnt have had 1987 and some great memories of top league football. Remember my dad talking about him going into the factories in Coventry to drum up interest, great days of travelling on the Sky Blue express with his mates to Peterboro, the Wolves promotion game etc. I also remember my old man talking about how JH made everyone involved with the club seem like one family, the players the staff and the fans. He not only sold a vision but delivered it.

Watching the tributes it is hard to think of anyone who has changed a sport so much and the list of initiatives he introduced is impressive. RIP Jimmy and thanks for everything you did for the club, the City and for making my old man a happy man who had some great memories of a great time supporting a football club.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Return to CCFC Chat