So here we go again...

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

So here we go again...

Postby Burf » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:59 am

step up & draw a deep draught from the poisoned chalice ... :lol:

it'll probably just be Hockaday - they seem to have been bigging him up a bit recently...
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Re: So here we go again...

Postby slobbydan sillibic » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:08 am

Lambert...?
i am wearing sensible feet
slobbydan sillibic
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:37 am

he had to go. Once anyone starts talking more shit than me you know they have lost it 8)
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby king chillout » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:22 pm

Sad to see him go, but even I had started thinking it might be time to sack him. Fuck knows who should/could replace him ?
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:01 pm

For once I agree with KC. Seems like a nice guy but the bottom line is that the squad should be performing better.

Not sure who would be mad enough to take the job on so for that reason Hockaday will be favourite.

See Ferguson has been sacked by Peterboro but never been sure about him. Gary Johnson has always been a favourite of mine but that boat has now sailed - his son might be an option but unsure if he would leave. Not really sure who is out there that would want the job.

There are people who have managed at higher level recently that are out of a job -

Stuart Pearce - doubt he would be interested
Billy Davies - liked him but somehwo think they will go for a younger man
Uwe Rosler - did a great job at Brentford and is the right sort of age but would he drop down
Nigel Adkins - good choice but would he drop down
Steve Davis - great job at Crewe on a very limited budget and used a decent academy. This would be the same here for that reason I would give him a go.

Or do you go for someone at a lower level that has been doing a decent job -
Justin Edinburgh would have been a good choice but has just moved up to League 1. Other options could be Ardley at AFC Wimbledon, Tisdale at Exeter or Sheridan at Plymouth.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby plastic scouser » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:16 pm

He had to go....he's only managed to win something like 12 in 46 over the last 12 months......that's nailed-on relegation form (as we can see)

I'd avoid "names" that are available to interview because they've already been proved to fail.

I'd go for a non-league success story......Step forward Karl Marginson (FC Utd) 5 promotions under his belt already & looking like making it 6 this season....

Doubt Sisu would offer enough cash to tempt him away from his project, but hes only recently gone full time, so can't be on mega-bucks.....

Plus stealing him away from the indie manc **** would hopefully halt their rise up the leagues.....
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:09 pm

Possibly PS - cant say I know too much about the guy but you cant ignore the record he has.

My personal view is that you try and appoint a guy that is used to working in similar situations. From my knowledge of the club then there will not be a massive budget to bring players in so whoever it is will need to deal with freebies, loans and the youth team players. There will alos be a need to sell the club to any new players.

I am guessing that at the level Margison is managing then FC United will be an easy sale for any new players and you might get players willing to take one step back to move upwards. With us that might be different.

For me Davis at Crewe would be the man. He is used to bringing in young players from Premier clubs, bringing through youth players and trying to sell a club to players. He just seems an ideal fit and better option than some others who have had success when they have had financial backing or used to wheel and dealing. Not much point looking at those managers as they are not a fit for the position we are in.
billythefish

Postby The Yid » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:29 pm

It's time for the Messiah....
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby billythefish » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Tony Mowbray now the bookies favourite.
billythefish

Postby dog rout 21 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:56 pm

king chillout wrote:Sad to see him go, but even I had started thinking it might be time to sack him. Fuck knows who should/could replace him ?

Christ, I think this might be the first time I've ever agreed with KC :shock:
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Return to CCFC Chat