Elvis to banish players that have let him down

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Re: Elvis to banish players that have let him down

Postby AD » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:05 pm

The completely useless Carl Baker scores three goals and wins player of the month. Even Jordan Clarke sounds like he's doing well at Yeovil. It really is getting very hard to have any faith in SP's ability to spot decent players.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:00 pm

Maybe Carl Baker should have tried playing like that for us and he might have still been here (on a sizeable wedge). Instead, he was fucking shit, unless you wanna blame individual performance on SP? Maybe he told him to run at walking pace, shoot wide every time and mis-hit crosses?
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AD » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:14 pm

But other players were and are playing just as bad, if not worse, than him. It seems that once SP has made his mind up he doesn't like you it's a waste of time even trying, as he'll be looking for the first reason to prove he's correct to drop you even when others around you are doing exactly the same or worse and being praised. It's difficult to be motivated when you know the manager has no faith in you, and that is part of SP's job. Baker is hardly a precious little thing who needs constant approval and praise like some. Maybe MK showing faith in him or knowing how to utilise him better had something to do with his form?

I think part of the Baker thing was to do with the money he was on, but as we had to pay him off it's hardly benefitted us.

Same with Clarke. I'm not a massive fan of his but since SP brought him back from the bomb squad, out of necessity more than anything, he's been looking for a reason to drop him again IMO. He was no worse than Webster or Willis. Webster makes a lot of mistakes and has once good game which has SP calling an 'international class performance'. The way he refers to Willis you'd think we'd got the next England captain hidden away when, although he's still young and learning, I'd say it's still touch and go if he'll make it at this level. So why do they get praise when someone who had to work harder just to get back into the squad doesn't and get sent out on loan where he's been impressive? As for Hines I was glad he got injured he was so error prone.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby adge » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:35 pm

If Pressley was looking at the first reason to drop Clark after being part of the bomb squad, why did he offer him a new 2 year contract?
Windows Smartphone [ Post made via Windows Smartphone ]
Lest we forget-THE AWFUL PAUL TELFER!
adge
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:16 pm

I don't think I can ever forgive my parents for raising me in Coventry. Of all the places they could of settled they picked Coventry :cry:
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby adge » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:05 pm

I know, if my dad had his way I could of been lying on a beach in Australia. Unfortunately my mum also chose Coventry!
Windows Smartphone [ Post made via Windows Smartphone ]
adge
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:53 am

I think the main reason Baker was moved on was that SP felt he could use the money he saved on his wages to bring in a couple of players. I guess it was down to did he add value based on his age and wage and the answer was no. We have this debate everytime someone leaves the club as does half decent but dont mention the many players that leave and do nothing. Good luck to the lad as he seems a genuine guy but he is playing in a much better side than the one he left which will help. I doubt he would have had that level of performance in a city shirt but thats something we will never know - unless he does a McSheff and comes back next season.

I have to admit that I dont see enought of the team now to really comment around the defenders but the clean sheets in the last few games are promising. From the games i have seen then Clarke was just too error prone and whilst looked good at times he just made too many basic errors. Webster looks solid in the air and is the one defender we have that seems to organise and talk. When the ball is on the floor he looks shocking and backtracks quicker than most players go forward!. Willis looks good and has some promise - he has made some telling challenges, has a little bit of pace and is decent in the air. Too early to know how he will turn out.

Good to see it seems that SP has a transfer budget for January but I do worry that he will waste it. He has a poor record with transfers and yet again we have a merrygoround of players coming in and others going out. We need some stability to progress IMHO.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Previous

Return to CCFC Chat