Dog Toffee ticketing

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Dog Toffee ticketing

Postby skyblue025 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Tried 3 times today to log onto the website to buy tickets,0930, 1900 and 2215.

Appaling ticketing system that gives you 10 minutes to book seats and then pay. If your ordering more than 2 tickets by the time you add the 3rd the first one has timed out.

Only 1/2 the ground available nothing behind either goal.

All in all a dog shit experiance, welcome home!

P.S. I cant wait for friday [smilie=icon_dance.gif] [smilie=icon_partytime2.gif] [smilie=icon_u606-vuurwerka1.gif] :drink:
skyblue025
Manager
Manager

google adsense
Google

Re: Dog Toffee ticketing

Postby dog rout 21 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:04 pm

There was no problem with online ticketing when we were at Sixfields, we should never have left [smilie=icon_ashamed.gif] [smilie=icon_ashamed.gif] [smilie=icon_ashamed.gif]
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Dog Toffee ticketing

Postby Realist » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:19 pm

dog rout 21 wrote:There was no problem with online ticketing when we were at Sixfields, we should never have left [smilie=icon_ashamed.gif] [smilie=icon_ashamed.gif] [smilie=icon_ashamed.gif]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Realist

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby adge » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:13 pm

Ticket office staff-OUT!
adge
Manager
Manager

Postby Sky Blue Steve-o » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:50 pm

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/gill ... 87039.aspx

17k tickets sold which is apparently a sell out. There are a further 4k season ticket holders from 2012/13 who have an option on their tickets. What's happened to 11.5k remaining seats to make up 32.5k capacity then?
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
Sky Blue Steve-o
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:21 am

I think there is no existing safety certificate for opening the whole ground and the club need to apply for this. If they get this then I think the whole ground will be open (possibly only on a cash on the gate basis).
billythefish

Postby billythefish » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:24 am

Oh and yes Dogga we know there wouldnt have been this problem had we stayed at sixfields! 8)
billythefish

Postby The Englander » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:06 pm

The Englander

Highscores: 7

Postby billythefish » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:21 am

To be honest its just good to be back. Not really sure what I will feel when I see them run out again but am sure it will be worth the trip up and wouldnt swap this for the world. You can stick your £60m signings and galcticos this is real football.
billythefish

Postby skyblue025 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:01 pm

Is anyone surprised they have cocked it up? Did they honestly think only 15k would turn up? I'm glad to be going back to the Ricoh but its going to leave a sour taste to those who can't get a ticket.
skyblue025
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:36 am

I'd be pissed off if I was a regular Ricoh attendee and now couldn't get a ticket cos all the "one game per decade brigade" have jumped the bandwagon....

....don't effect me....I'll be in the boozer getting the piss ripped out of me by a load of evertonians...
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:22 am

Yes there were some problems but lets be honest and give the club/acl some credit here. At very short notice they had to arrange an event and gain safety certificates, try to sell 30k tickets in a couple of days, move season tickets over, sort out catering, sky etc etc. With something where we could have sold 50k tickets there is always going to be disapointments and you will never please everyone and unfortunately some people will feel hard done by.

I though on the day it went reasonable well and without too many problems - yes there was a 15 minute delay but the ground seemed mostly full anyway by 7.45. One thing I did notice was how tired the ground looked and the pitch looked shocking.

Would rather talk about the positives rather than the negatives and it was a decent performance. This has to be the hardest working Cov side that I have seen in years. Thought O'Brien and Fleck were outstanding in midfield and ran the show. How dare O,Brien make that many runs into the box - Stephen Hughes will be turning in his grave!. Haynes was excellent as well and a real threat getting forward. From defense point of view we generally looked fine and set pieces looked like Gillinghams best bet of a goal. Thought Willis did well and did the simple things well in the second half his cover was excellent. Reda was a strange one he seemed to win everything in the oppositions box and then very little in our box and was beaten to the ball a couple of times. Overall a good solid performance and a great 3 points on a day when the result was less inportant than the simple fact that the club returned home.
billythefish

Postby Burf » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:18 am

^
agree with all of that pretty much BTF - spot on assessment.

the only negative point for me was star of the future & nearly-played-for-Liverpool Conor Thomas.

What a lightweight ****. also, how a professional footballer can so be incapable of judging the bounce of the ball & reading
the game generally is beyond me. I mean, ok he has nice touch & can pass the ball, but other than that I found his overall performance
infuriating.
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Not sure what to make of Thomas. For the first few minutes I was trying to work out who was the 3rd midfielder then noticed him when he played a nice ball out to Haynes for the goal (or at least I think it was him). From then on it was a mixed bag - he missed a few simple interceptions then played a belter of a ball wide. I thought he had an ok game but havent seen the game in TV yet and often you then starting noticing things you didnt at the game.
billythefish

Postby Timbo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:27 pm

I'm sure it was O'Brien who made the pass to Haynes for the goal.

Thomas' touch deserted him in the last 15 mins because he was shattered. To be fair to him he kept running but Pressley should have had him off sooner. With a yard more pace all three of the midfield could be playing at a higher level.
Timbo

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby AD » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:03 pm

Going from the TV coverage....

Haynes looks very good, relishing the occasion going forward and an excellent crosser but left huge gaps behind him and barely made an interception or block all evening and Johnson had to cover, although the formation does mean he had to push up. Against a better, more attacking team he could be a weak link.

Willis was the opposite, being much more conservative and steady at the back but offering little (apart from a very good pull back to O'Brien) going forward. I think he's concerned he doesn't have the pace to deal with counter attacks if he gets caught upfield. I still think him and Clarke would be better swapped over.

I thought Johnson was excellent in the air and won the majority of his headers, and covered Haynes well as I said. Webster was solid enough and got his head on most things.

Allsop looked a bit nervy and shaky at times.

Fleck was busy and there was some good one touch passing in our midfield, although Thomas needs to show some improvement if he wants to remain a regular.

O'Brien pressed high, was energetic and actually looked to get forward. Just a shame he doesn't look like he could finish a senten...

Nouble looks a handful and offers the big awkward option up front, but I'm not sure he'll be overly prolific, Tudgay had energy but chances didn't seem to be falling for him and he could end up behind McQuiod and Jackson.

Allsop 6
Haynes 7
Willis 6
Johnson 7
Webster 7
Clarke 6
Thomas 5
Fleck 7
O'Brien 7
Nouble 7
Tudgay 6
AD