Elvis off?

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Elvis off?

Postby billythefish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:36 am

Favourite for the Uddersfield job. Two of his old buddies are at Huddersfield and quite a few rumours flying around he is on the short list for the job.

Cant blame him if he does go as it is a more settled club but will be a shame.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

google adsense
Google

Re: Elvis off?

Postby plastic scouser » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:37 am

4 wins in last 25 league games :shock:

....would it really matter if he goes?

I'm not calling for his head......but if he jumps ship....who really gives a fuck?
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:15 am

plastic scouser wrote:4 wins in last 25 league games :shock:

....would it really matter if he goes?

I'm not calling for his head......but if he jumps ship....who really gives a fuck?

nail on head, who would give a fuck?
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:51 pm

We've been down the 'not going anywhere' road before only to then spend a fortune on compo packages 6 months later, so IF Huddersfield wanted him I say let him go.

His transfers have been awful and the defence has been shocking but was covered up by a couple of in-form strikers. However, I have liked the more attacking ethos and pressing game. Had his philosophy been more Coleman/Boothroydesque I think he would be under a lot more pressure than he has been.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:05 pm

I kind of agree with you AD but wonder how many of his transfers have been because he's had his hands tied. No real excuse as that's what he signed up for but overall I quite like him and think we're better off with him. Hopefully he'll knock this 3-5-2 nonsense on the head soon though and we'll end up tighter at the back. Think what he's done with the kids has been very good.
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby billythefish » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:59 am

I agree with Dogga and quite like him. He has brought on some of the kids and has a defined philosophy which the players either buy into or move on.

At the end of the day whomever we have as a manager will struggle to attract players to the club. Having said that I think the players he has attracted this season look decent players.

Have to admit that it must be hard to evaluate the job he has as we dont know the full story of what is going on at this carcrash of a club.

Oh well role an evening of pain and then a day of riddicule tomorrow when Baardiff give us a lesson tonight!
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby dog rout 21 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:29 am

billythefish wrote:I agree with Dogga and quite like him.

Cheers Billy, I like you too [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AD » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:30 pm

I said I liked his ethos and style of play, and I'm certainly not calling for him to be sacked at all. If he stays I won't be complaining. Although I'm not really sure who's available as a potential replacement I'm just wondering if Huddersfield wanted him would getting compensation for him now be better given the poor run of results we're on dating back to last season and his poor transfers?

Part of me does admire him for admitting when something/someone isn't working out and changing it, whereas in the past we've had managers stubbornly continue with players/stuff that isn't working because they refuse to admit they're wrong. But when such a large percentage of your transfers don't work and you're in a situation whereby the amount of funding you have is rapidly diminishing it's going to go horribly wrong eventually.

I'm sure he hasn't been able to go for targets he wants because of a lack of funds and others are being put off by the stadium situation, so he's left picking whatever scraps he can find out of the bargain bin but even then I think his hit rate is very low thus far.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby adge » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:57 pm

AD wrote:We've been down the 'not going anywhere' road before only to then spend a fortune on compo packages 6 months later, so IF Huddersfield wanted him I say let him go.

His transfers have been awful and the defence has been shocking but was covered up by a couple of in-form strikers. However, I have liked the more attacking ethos and pressing game. Had his philosophy been more Coleman/Boothroydesque I think he would be under a lot more pressure than he has been.
Correct! This season he won't be able to hide behind those couple of strikers as they have now both left. The ones we have now will not paper over any cracks and we will struggle to stay in the division. Strange that with all the dross on the field that Baker is nowhere to be seen. Is Thomas/Daniells any better? Surely not.
adge
Manager
Manager

Previous topicNext topic

Return to CCFC Chat