1 Nil CCC

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Re: 1 Nil CCC

Postby AD » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:42 pm

Burf wrote:^
Well nothing .... Yet ...:-)

Can't agree about Les though : I seriously thought he always put both sides of the argument ... i.e. both sides in the dispute were seriously at fault - something I've believed since day one.
I think there was a perception of Les being 'pro-SISU' because he dared to put the other side of the argument in the face of rampant purely anti-SISU feelings generally.
Sorry AD - your point about CCCs position is a fair one,but there is something seriously fishy about the Council's handling of this since day one ..& personally I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. Same as SISU really. sadly the club & it's fans are therefore between a rock & a hard place & that ain't gonna change anytime soon ... If ever seemingly.

Until he was put on the Ricoh story I found LR's pieces informative and balanced. I highly respected his work and enjoyed reading it. I was looking forward to his coverage of this saga as I felt it would be a good and fair reflection, and it started like that. Then it gradually became more pro-SISU, and I thought he must know something I don't. Until one of his final pieces on it when he basically said SISU should be given the entire stadium for nothing and thats when I, and I suspect others, began to doubt his impartiality and ultimately began to look into his background and not long after hisuni friendship with a SISU employee came to light.

Of course you shouldn't trust politicians - they're just as shady as business people just with a slightly different desire of power and influence instead of money. I'm sure if you looked at every business deal someone's back is being scratched somewhere - otherwise were's the incentive for them to do business. There certainly hasn't been anywhere near as much openness and consultation as there should have been and it certainly feels like its been done very quickly and hasnt given anyone enough time to properly analyse it. It feels like what the actual deal is has changed two or three times over the last 24hrs.

But on the face of it, had I been a councillor I'd have felt duty bound to accept, despite my reservations on the effect on the sporting teams.

Personally, I think the two clubs will eventually merge to become Coventry Wasps. Allegedly the Wasps owner has raised the prospect with the CRFC management already.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:43 am

well so much for all the talk of CCC being stuck with an white elephant :lol:
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:43 pm

I'm looking forward to the meltdown when their factless hedge fund owners turn out to be Joy and Timmy
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby billythefish » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:28 am

AD wrote:

Personally, I think the two clubs will eventually merge to become Coventry Wasps. Allegedly the Wasps owner has raised the prospect with the CRFC management already.

Interesting that Coventry Rugby have come out and said they have had little contact from the council or Wasps on the move. As I understand it Cov Rugby had heard runours of the council looking to sell to a Rugby club (but believed it to be Northampton not Wasps). The council gave them reassurances that they would be informed before a decision was reached and kept in the loop.

One of the real losers in all of this are the people and fans who worked so hard to bring Cov Rugby back from the brink and establish it at the BPA. There seems to have been no consultation with any fans groups at Wasps and whilst they are being given free travel from Wycombe (season ticket holders only) I wonder how many will follow the club to Coventry. The majority I guess will be lost and the gamble will be if Wasps can recover that with fans from teh Midlands. After the turnoil of moving the football club to Northampton I am guessing some will be ambivalent in the short term.

One rumour doing the rounds is that the BPA will be used as the Wasps training base when they move that to the city next season. Not sure who owns the BPA, I know the Rugby are tennants and assume it to be the council.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby AD » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:32 pm

I'm surprised CRFC haven't been more damning of the move. Maybe they should be applauded for a restrained and philosophical take on it, but whether this could ultimately prove costly to them will be seen in due course.

Technically I guess they were informed before a decision, although it is a poor excuse as they should have been made aware much earlier than they apparently were.

No idea who owns BPA although a lot of the surrounding development is/was owned by MCD, who went bust recently. The big retirement village being built was part of the MCD development but run by Extracare Charitable Trust.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:21 pm

The Telegraph are running an article today that confirms that talks have been ongoing for some considerable time and that Cov Rugby were not told beforehand.

Sad really that the club have been treated this way and agree that the way they have dealt with the matter is excellent.

Strange to see no real protests at Sundays televised game vs Bath. Perhaps the fact the club changed the name from London Wasps back to Wasps a while back made the fans aware a move was in the offing.
billythefish

Postby AD » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:35 pm

In a move surprising nobody, CCFC (well one of its many related companies - it's never clear who) have at the last minute decided to make a bid for the 50% Higgs share in ACL and thus drag this out for as long as possible.

Of course they know CCC/Wasps can and will veto the sale anyway, but just to make sure the bid is unsuccessful they've also made the bid conditional on receiving sensitive financial info from Higgs, something they are almost certainly never going to receive and thus once again allows them to claim to be the 'victim' of 'bullies' and being held up by those nasty people not playing ball. Although it is worth remembering last time they asked for similar info, they then completely reneged on the deal and made a new offer at an absolutely ludicrously low price.

And of course it totally fails to explain where a company in liquidation, that during the admin process was found to have NO ASSETS, suddenly finds over £2m behind the sofa? Or, if that money is there, why it has not been used to pay off the creditors, instead of being used to buy something the people in charge described as 'worthless'?

Either the administration was correct, there is no money and this bid is just wasting everyones time, or it is and someones been telling a lot of porkies!
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:41 pm

So Wasps have completed their purchase and supposedly are trying to appoint their own ACL chairman to have a casting vote in any dispute with the Higgs over the sale of their share, essentially meaning they have final say. Given their trying to buy that 50% ahead of Otium, basically the outcome is now a foregone conclusion, but we knew that ages ago - they're hardly likely to let someone else buy it instead of them.

Don't approve of it ethically, though I know its a common tactic. Not even sure if they needed to, as with the purchase of the council share they surely get their right of veto with it?
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:54 am

So assuming that Wasps get 100% ownership of the stadium we have 2 organisations that dont give a monkey about the fans running the stadium and both clubs. Should be fun - what could ever go wrong?.
billythefish

Postby Timbo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:10 pm

But with Wasps owning 100% and presumably with little intent of selling in the short term might that mean Otium would throw the towel in and put the club up for sale? Would Wasps be interested in owning the football club?
Timbo

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby billythefish » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:56 am

Timbo - not sure. I think Wasps fans are uncertain about the motives of the current owner. Yes he saved them when they were hours away from going bust but he is a money man that is rarely seen at games, he has moved a club miles from iots traditional base, no one really knows what his motives are etc etc. Would it just be a "firepan into the fire" situation? Are his intentions any different to SISU and the main focus is on the stadium and the land and perhaps buying Wasps was the first step in this
billythefish

Postby dog rout 21 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:04 pm

I'm waiting for Joy to be announced as the secret owner of wasps then she'll dress Tim (Fisher not 'bo) up in a giant wasp costume and come out onto the middle of the pitch tomorrow riding on his back with a loudspeaker telling everyone to go fuck themselves in a Delia style rant. The sexy bitch.
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby billythefish » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:55 pm

Skyblueuntrust exclusive Timbo is not Tim Fisher shocker!
billythefish

Postby billythefish » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:56 pm

In fact thinking about this has anyone actually seen them together in the same place? Never believe what Dogga or SISU tell you!
billythefish

Postby AD » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:03 pm

billythefish wrote:Timbo - not sure. I think Wasps fans are uncertain about the motives of the current owner. Yes he saved them when they were hours away from going bust but he is a money man that is rarely seen at games, he has moved a club miles from iots traditional base, no one really knows what his motives are etc etc. Would it just be a "firepan into the fire" situation? Are his intentions any different to SISU and the main focus is on the stadium and the land and perhaps buying Wasps was the first step in this

There do seem to be some close similarities with the Wasps owners and our own, but it also goes to show how to do business. When SISU turned up, they had the goodwill, they could have bought the Ricoh lock, stock and barrel for c.10m with the pre-agreed formula/equation and would have now owned, and had access to all of, the income the Ricoh has made in the last seven years. Instead they've spent c. £5m on rent/fees and probably in excess of a few million on the legal scrapes, while losing millions in lost revenue from pissed off fans.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:56 am

Lets see what happens over the next few years. One hell of a gamble moving any club from its traditional base and relocating it miles away. Personally I hope it fails.

One thing that will interesting is the state of the pitch for the rest of the season. It was awful for the Yeovil game and from reports isnt getting better so god knows what will happen when Rugby starts getting played on it.
billythefish

Postby AD » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:31 pm

Cov badges to be moved and replaced with Wasps'. Hardly surprising. Our badges will apparently still be in a 'prominent position' but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I guess slowly over time the stadium facade and seats will be changed too, especially once we've moved into our new stadium ;-) Only about 18 months and counting since the purchase of a site was imminent....
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:01 am

I dont have a problem with this at all - they own the place and can do what they like with it.
billythefish

Postby Burf » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:35 am

^

no that's true Billy... but I have a problem that a club like ours, with it's history & place in English football has ended up in this state : it's a fucking
disgrace & all those involved in creating this situation - & this goes all the way back to Richarse & Robinson as well as SISU & ACL/CCC now - should be ashamed. Shambolic. :evil:
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:41 am

Too true burf.

This is what "Wiki" should say:

Singers FC. formed by the workers at the factory gates 1883.

FA Cup winners 1987.

raped in the arse by a succession of greedy thieving liars, cheats, political back-stabbers & **** from 1992 -2014.

.....still.....there's always Marine FC :lol:
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to CCFC Chat