1 Nil CCC

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Re: 1 Nil CCC

Postby the boss » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:31 pm

I knew there would be a sting in the tail... 8)
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:39 am

Aye...some reports & articles suggest that ACL have been tapping up the Wasps as far back as 2010/11....

...Thus proving what most of us on here already knew.....that ACL are **** as well.

In other news....ticket sales for the PNE game are apparently woeful.....

....Thus proving that Sisus imaginary 12,000 stadium is way too big..... 8)
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:02 am

Not sure what to make of the Wasps deal. They have been based in many areas of West and North London over the last ten to twenty years. Think they were at one stage looking to build a new stadium in West London with QPR then that fell thru. Then they were going to move to Reading but London Irish beat them to it.

They desperately need a home base that they own in the same way as City do would Coventry work? I know 25 years ago when I worked in Coventry the company I worked for offered deals on Lesta Tigers season tickets and ran coaches to key games. So I would have thought that with the Tigers, Coventry themselves and also Northampton that there just isnt the fanbase to get massive crowds.

Would current fans travel from Buckinghamshire, North London and West London for games? The supporters club were against moving to Reading which was a much easier commute. Also dont Wasps have commitments to play some double headers at Twickenham so not sure how much the ground would get used and if it is a viable deal for them. Obviously they have looked into it and Coventry is a traditional rugby hotbed so its possible.

Have to feel sorry for everyone at Coventry Rugby and the work that has been done there to re-establish the club. If Wasps do move then that will be a death blow to that club.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby AD » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:36 pm

I'm mainly against the move because of the effect on the current Wasps fans and how it would affect CovRFC. However I can understand why the council etc are considering it.

I think the only way I could even start to consider it is if Wasps and Cov were to merge to become Coventry Wasps. I don't really think they'd need such a large stadium anyway, and the main value could be in the land in the form of hotel space or similar.

It's also interesting to note the price bandied about in the media as being £30m. Makes a mockery of SISU's case of £5m being overpriced and their valuation of nearer £2m. Such a sale would also completely invalidate any of their appeal and show the councils actions were not only prudent but profitable.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:53 am

Dont get me wrong totally against the move - no sports club should be allowed to uproot from an area and move to another. But these days the only people who have any loyality to a club is the fans.

An interesting point in all this is that in a normal business relationship you would expect the current tennants to have been informed that council & ACL were looking to sell and been given the right to make a counter bid. If my source is correct then this has been something that Wasps have been looking a considerable time. This isnt something that has been just discussed in the last 12-24 months.

If Wasps are the best deal for the council & ACL then so be it but surely they should have given SISU the same opportunity. What better way than to say to SISU you value of the arena is too low and we have another bidder who is willing to pay considerably more thus forcing SISU's hand to put up or shut up.

Now they might have done that - but with all the mud flying about in the last few years if SISU knew about this then it would be a pretty powerful message to say that council and ACL are looking to sell the Ricoh to a Rugby team based 100 miles away. I can only conclude that this whole deal was done without giving one thought as to what people of Coventry would want.

As always it just shows that any normal person would not want to do business with SISU, the council or ACL as I wouldnt trust any of them.
billythefish

Postby plastic scouser » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:41 am

Oh well....that's it well & truly fucked then....

£19.5m for 100% of ACL & a 250 year lease....that's effectively ownership.....utter ****.

This wasps consortium is more faceless than sisu.....and CCFC's only hope now is that they buy CCFC as well......but they won't....so we're fucked forever.....no future!

The cloak & dagger shit by ACL & CCC make Sisu look open and transparent.

A total fucking disgrace.

I hope the soulless ricoh shit hole gets struck by lightening & burns down......its a fucking curse.
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:50 am

^

you just beat me to it Scouser.

interesting that my mate Les Reid has just resigned from Cov Telegraph too : the council had, effectively, gagged him since last year, with threats
to the paper, hence why you'll notice he'd gone oddly quiet on the whole SISU/ACL saga. Cat out of the bag time now then.

CCC should be ashamed : they've just fucked two of the citys teams - Skyblues & Bees - as well as aiding & abetting fucking over Wasps fans.

total disgrace.
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:08 am

Agree with you both, couldn't have put it better myself, especially scousers last line about the Ricoh :lol:

There is something seriously not right about this whole thing, I expect there to be a twist somewhere. I'd fucking love it if SISU had secretly bought out Wasps and the council were inadvertently selling to them.
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby the boss » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:20 pm

don't see what all the fuss is about, our new stadium is coming on leaps and bounds :roll: Think it will be ready for Chrismas :?:
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:09 pm

plastic scouser wrote:Oh well....that's it well & truly fucked then....

£19.5m for 100% of ACL & a 250 year lease....that's effectively ownership.....utter ****.

This wasps consortium is more faceless than sisu.....and CCFC's only hope now is that they buy CCFC as well......but they won't....so we're fucked forever.....no future!

The cloak & dagger shit by ACL & CCC make Sisu look open and transparent.

A total fucking disgrace.

I hope the soulless ricoh shit hole gets struck by lightening & burns down......its a fucking curse.

So if you were the council what would you do? You got a stadium that's caused you nothing but trouble since its inception, a tenant deliberately refusing to commit long term and trying to financially ruin it so you lose your money. Someone comes along and offers something approaching market value for it. You get a top level sporting team in the city, a decent price and the millstone taken from round your neck. Damn right you take it.

Worth remembering the council are duty bound to get the best deal for the tax payer and are liable to prosecution if they don't. So sue them if you think they've got it that wrong....... There was absolutely nothing to stop SISU etc offering more thus making the decision harder. They have chosen not to do that, just complain about it. They've had 8 years to buy it, and for less than this, so they've no-one to blame but themselves. Like most gamblers, they held in for too long and ended up losing.

I've stated my opposition due to the effect on the Wasps and Cov teams, but from a council view I totally understand why.

For what it's worth I now couldn't care less if SISU now tried to distress Wasps and get the stadium on the cheap. Now it won't effect local services and charities involving two private enterprises whatever the fuck happens I couldn't care less.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:12 pm

dog rout 21 wrote:Agree with you both, couldn't have put it better myself, especially scousers last line about the Ricoh :lol:

There is something seriously not right about this whole thing, I expect there to be a twist somewhere. I'd fucking love it if SISU had secretly bought out Wasps and the council were inadvertently selling to them.

I stated that when the story broke, but the more I think about it the less sense it makes. A couple of years ago they could have had 50% for £5m, and decided that was overpriced and reneged on the deal to offer £2m. So why now buy another organisation to acquire it for £20m?

Although the £20m price is surprisingly similar to the price of the new stadium qouted by JS and TF.....
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:18 pm

Burf wrote:^

you just beat me to it Scouser.

interesting that my mate Les Reid has just resigned from Cov Telegraph too : the council had, effectively, gagged him since last year, with threats
to the paper, hence why you'll notice he'd gone oddly quiet on the whole SISU/ACL saga. Cat out of the bag time now then.

CCC should be ashamed : they've just fucked two of the citys teams - Skyblues & Bees - as well as aiding & abetting fucking over Wasps fans.

total disgrace.

And the club have previously gagged the paper too, getting people taken off the story and threatening to prevent its journalists covering games. That has happened pre-SISU as well.

LR was taken off the story after it was shown he had links to SISU as he went to uni with a SISU employee. His reporting on the issue was massively slanted in SISU's favour, and people were questioning the reliability and impartiality of his reporting.

What the hell have CCC done to the speedway team ;-)
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:40 pm

^
Well nothing .... Yet ...:-)

Can't agree about Les though : I seriously thought he always put both sides of the argument ... i.e. both sides in the dispute were seriously at fault - something I've believed since day one.
I think there was a perception of Les being 'pro-SISU' because he dared to put the other side of the argument in the face of rampant purely anti-SISU feelings generally.
Sorry AD - your point about CCCs position is a fair one,but there is something seriously fishy about the Council's handling of this since day one ..& personally I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. Same as SISU really. sadly the club & it's fans are therefore between a rock & a hard place & that ain't gonna change anytime soon ... If ever seemingly.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:46 am

Burf wrote:^
Well nothing .... Yet ...:-)

Can't agree about Les though : I seriously thought he always put both sides of the argument ... i.e. both sides in the dispute were seriously at fault - something I've believed since day one.
I think there was a perception of Les being 'pro-SISU' because he dared to put the other side of the argument in the face of rampant purely anti-SISU feelings generally.
Sorry AD - your point about CCCs position is a fair one,but there is something seriously fishy about the Council's handling of this since day one ..& personally I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. Same as SISU really. sadly the club & it's fans are therefore between a rock & a hard place & that ain't gonna change anytime soon ... If ever seemingly.

Nail hit firmly on head.

No one has come out of this positively in my view.

This deal with Wasps isnt something that has just happened overnight. In an ideal world then when the Ricoh was built you would have thought that the long term plan was for ACL/Council/Higgs to only own the ground for a limited amount of time before handing the stadium back to the club for an agreed fair price. The relationship has become strained to say the least and now the council are selling up to a francised Rugby club. Good news for the tax payers as it removes a big burden it can do without but bad news for the existing sporting clubs in the City.

The Rugby club (historically one of the countries best and well respected) will pretty much die because of this. It will still be around but its fanbase will slowly die off. Any young Rugby fans now have the choice of following Wasps (with all the know international players that they see on the TV) or following Coventry Rugby club. Not too hard to imagine what will happen. In one decision the council have decided to kill off the club. RIP Coventry Rugby Club and thanks for the memories.

With regard to the football club. I still can not see a long term future for any club unless it has access to all its revenue streams. Without the ability to put a stadium and club together then no one would buy the club and it will continue to struggle in the lower leagues as it just cant compete financially against other clubs. The club has a two year lease to play at the Ricoh but after that the decision is down to the owners of Wasps and SISU to try and agree a rental agreement.

The only way out of this would be if the owners of Wasps (whoever that is) to buy out SISU and put the Rugby Club, the Football Club and the Ricoh together.
billythefish

Postby the boss » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:22 am

well off to build a new ground for about 20 million when they could of brought a ready made one for 20 million :shock: Clowns, fucking clowns. You really could not make this shit up 8)
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:18 pm

The actual wasps deal is only 50% so far.....

...so according to the CT, the Higgs 50% share is available to CCFC Ltd for 30 days.....

....but I bet that's only "in theory"....I bet you the initial 50% sale is conditional on completion of the other 50%...

....and there is the small matter of CCFC Ltd (or holdings...I can't be arsed to check) being in liquidation...so I'm not sure how they would be able to raise £2.77 m legally....

...but then this is sisu we're talking about...

On a side note...I do hope WASPS go bust ASAP....franchise ****.
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

1 Nil CCC

Postby Realist » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:38 pm

I blame the Leicester fan for burying his shirt underneath the centre spot.

Prediction League World Champion.
Realist

Postby the boss » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:41 pm

I blame the IS....
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:05 pm

does anyone know what is going on :?: Have wasps brought the ground 100% or just 50% as it is being said SISU still have the option of 50% :roll: If Wasps have paid 20 million for 50% the 2.7 offer to SISU is a kick in the balls for wasps.
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:16 pm

From what I understand boss, Wasps have paid £2.77m for ACL's 50% + taken on the remainder of the notorious £14.4m CCC/ACL mortgage/loan & have agreed in principle to buy the other 50% from Higgs for £2.77m....Total deal = approx. £20m for 100% control of Ricoh with lease extended to 250 years....

....The historical caveat is that the Higgs 50% share is on offer to CCFC Ltd (in liquidation) for 30 days only.....then WASPS get it....

So, it appears Sisu have their work cut out to somehow get a co. rescued/reversed from liquidation, appease the creditors & then pay £2.77m to Higgs before 30 days is up.....

I believe this is probably legally impossible and CCC, ACL, Higgs & WASPS know this....

IF they somehow managed to do it, there would be a question over whether Sisu would have to share the liability of the £14.4m loan....

TBH...I'd piss myself laughing if the faceless WASPS corporate consortium get stung by our very own faceless hedgefund owners.....
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to CCFC Chat