petition

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

petition

Postby slobbydan sillibic » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:39 pm

My mate forwarded this to me from the blue moon site...

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewt ... 4&t=297115
i am wearing sensible feet
slobbydan sillibic
Manager
Manager

Re: petition

Postby plastic scouser » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:45 am

Aye....the skybluestalk lot have been posting it all over every clubs forum....good effort I suppose.....futile & pointless though it is...

I believe they've got close to 11,000 signatures now....not bad until you think that's only about 1/3 of the band-wagon jumping **** who went to the JPT game at the ricoh against crewe....
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:44 am

As you say fair play to them for trying but agree it is probably futile. But if you dont try then you never know.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby skyblue » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:36 am

I've signed it but agree pretty pointless. The governments petition system is just another way of making people believe they are participating in a democracy.
Have fun
skyblue
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Postby The Yid » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:59 pm

I haven't signed the petition, and I'm struggling to do so. Not because i am taking a particular side in the current situation (as all sides have actually signed) but actually because I feel football fans in general are happy for clubs to spend excessive amounts on transfers, extortionate wages and have no regard for potential consequences as a result of this in the future. I struggle with the notion that we can take the moral high ground when we are happy to allow owners/companies to plough hundreds of millions into an organisation - yet when they want some direct control that's against 'football values'
Football sold it's soul to Sky a long time ago - there's nothing wrong with trying to take some of it back - but we can't have it both ways. Football governance is powerless because actually when it comes down to it the money is more important. Although our situation is unique in some aspects it has ultimately arrived as a result of these things.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby Timbo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:00 pm

It also appears to equate our move to being akin to that of Wimbledon/MK Dons. Our relocation is a short term solution or tactic depending on your point of view.
Timbo

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby The Englander » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:17 pm

It had better not be fucking pointless as I've spent the last week on Twatter messaging people and asking them to help! Could reach 15,000 tonight. Nowhere near enough, but you have to start somewhere. Some decent people supporting it too. Just need some big hitters to take the two seconds re-Tweeting takes to help us....
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Return to CCFC Chat