Nathan Delfouneso

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Nathan Delfouneso

Postby skyblue » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:06 pm

...till the end of the season.

Doubt there is much of a fee or anhigh percentage of his wages - Villa probably just happy to have him playing somewhere else.

That said, he is better than our current striking options.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/nath ... 28049.aspx
Have fun
skyblue
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Re: Nathan Delfouneso

Postby AD » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:54 pm

Never been overly impressed with him, especially as a goal threat, but that has been at a much higher level. Given our options worth having in, as he's sort of a mix of both Clarke and Wilson. Reasonably tall like Clarke, but not with the bulk, and a bit of pace like Wilson. Hopefully he'll prove reasonably effective.

We've also taken a winger who's just back from a drug ban on trial - Mark Marshall.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby skyblue » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:00 pm

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/dyla ... 28297.aspx

Dylan McGeoch too, suspect this is so he can keep playing Moussa as a second striker.
skyblue
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:36 am

Also Rory Donnelly for the season from Swansea - young Irish striker on fringe of first team and highly thought of down here.

Personally for me Delfouneso has good pedigree (England youth, U21, sporadic first team games at the vile) but never really quite lived up to the promise. However, not sure that he has had a settled run of games and he will get that here and also at a lower level.
The young lad from Seltic looks decent as well and is another well thought of fringe player - mind you so was Micky Doyle.
Marshall was a decent L2 player who was being talked about as moving to Championship before his career went up in smoke.

Looks like good business IMHO especially if there is the option to buy them if they perform.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby AD » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:44 pm

I reckon its a subtle dig by SP at what a joke this club is...

"An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman walk into Coventry City"....
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:19 pm

If you read some of the stat's given out by the lame and the lazy, Delfouneso is a poor striker; if you actually get the stat's correct, he's done okay+ in far better divisions than the shitty one we find ourselves in. But why back him when you can slate him before he's kicked a ball in anger?
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Postby skyblue » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:48 pm

His goal ratio is poor for a striker. He averages one goal every four in league starts but it falls to below a goal every ten for total league appearances. Of course some of those games he has played as a winger.

I actually think he will do well for us provided he is happy to get involved with the teams work ethic, pressing from the from. He is quick and technically good and his lack of strength won't be as much of an hamper in league one as it is in the Prem and Championship (plus, I haven't seen him play for a couple of years, he might have bulked up a bit). The way we play with the ball will suit him, I am just worried that he won't be interested in the work rate that all of our players have to display week in, week out.

I also just noticed that he is out of contract at Villa in the summer so there is a reasonable chance of him joining permanently if he does OK.
skyblue
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:51 pm

One in four isn't bad for a youngster in the top league, especially (Mainly) in a side that isn't exactly free-scoring. Been a substitute lots of times too, but rarely gets more than twenty minutes to impress.
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Postby billythefish » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:40 am

I agree with Sid - looks like a player that needs a run of games before he can be judged.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Return to CCFC Chat