Elvis leaving the building?

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Elvis leaving the building?

Postby adge » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Lest we forget-THE AWFUL PAUL TELFER!
adge
Manager
Manager

Re: Elvis leaving the building?

Postby The Englander » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:27 pm

Nope.
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Postby billythefish » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:25 am

Have to be honest and say that if I was him then I would seriously consider it. Whilst Millwall are a joke club they are on a much firmer standing than us and Elvis will be looking to further his career. What can he realistically expect to achieve with us? Playoffs is the most realistic option but the squad is too thin as we will see Saturday.

Will all the nonsense around the club then the most we have to offer is the potential to be a medium sized championship club. But until the stupidity around SISU and ACL and the council is sorted out we are more likely to do a Portsmouth and implode than we will get out of the mess we are in.

Hope he doesnt go but if it isnt Millwall it will be someone else before the end of the season.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby Timbo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:09 pm

Jumping mid-season to a relegation threatened club needs to be carefully considered. Robins did it but Huddersfield had the squad and finances to make it appealing. Do Millwall? If he went there and they went down he could find himself sacked and his reputation tarnished. He can't continue with us indefinitely if the current situation continues but if he keeps doing what he's doing he'll soon get much better job offers than Millwall.

Its worth remembering Pressley didn't have an immediate impact with us (although admittedly the points deduction took the wind out of our sails). He's shown given time and a pre-season he can work wonders.
Timbo

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby The Englander » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:58 pm

Hoping Pressley realises he has the chance to become a legend at this club, if he can get us into the play-offs - even if he fails to take us up. If he can keep us in the mix, he can do far better than Millwall in the summer too. We need him and Leon to give us till the end of this season minimum. As for Robins, ****.
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Postby Des » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:36 pm

I would be disappointed for him to go. He seems genuinely enthusiastic about building the team.
--
"I'm curvy, it's just the way I yam"
Des

Postby billythefish » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:33 am

Timbo wrote:Jumping mid-season to a relegation threatened club needs to be carefully considered. Robins did it but Huddersfield had the squad and finances to make it appealing. Do Millwall? If he went there and they went down he could find himself sacked and his reputation tarnished. He can't continue with us indefinitely if the current situation continues but if he keeps doing what he's doing he'll soon get much better job offers than Millwall.

Its worth remembering Pressley didn't have an immediate impact with us (although admittedly the points deduction took the wind out of our sails). He's shown given time and a pre-season he can work wonders.

Good points but you have to factor in if he can continue the progress till the end of the season. If he has a genuine belief that the problems with the ground etc can be solved then I can see him staying. If not then I can see him going if not to Millwall to a similar job in the Championship.

Not sure about the squad or money that would be available at MIllwall but Jackett seemed to be able to get some decent young players from other premiership teams on board to keep them up. Strange that they let Henry go to Wolves as he always seemed there best player in the couple of games I have seen them play.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Return to CCFC Chat