EGM

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Re: EGM

Postby The Yid » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:45 pm

AD wrote:Unlike the owners who are turning down extra revenue for no extra cost to the club?

And who think they can buy a swath of land and build a brand new, bespoke stadium with retail and possibly hotel facilities for £20m, when the contaminated site of the Ricoh cost almost that, and only a fraction of it sold to a supermarket cost them £40m? And the reason they're supposedly doing all that? Around 500k p.a.worth of parking and pies!

Do you not think SISU charge management/consultancy fees to the club? Or interest on the money they 'invest'? If ever someone could get hold of the breakdown of such aspects of the accounts it would make the rental money seem a dip in the ocean.

Are you really think there is a pay as you play deal on offer at Ricoh?

The whole of the financial fair play program is that extra debt for lost revenue can't be put on club debt... It's given as a 'gift' on the provision it does not become loaded as debt in future. And as Dogga and Haggis have said before, the value they have to make up is not as large as is made out in the press.

And without going over old tired ground, here's a simple question... A Xmas quiz if you like...

Who pays the wages of CCFC players and staff every week?

A) ACL
B) Otium/SISU
C) Coventry City Council
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby AD » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:01 pm

The Yid wrote:
AD wrote:Unlike the owners who are turning down extra revenue for no extra cost to the club?

And who think they can buy a swath of land and build a brand new, bespoke stadium with retail and possibly hotel facilities for £20m, when the contaminated site of the Ricoh cost almost that, and only a fraction of it sold to a supermarket cost them £40m? And the reason they're supposedly doing all that? Around 500k p.a.worth of parking and pies!

Do you not think SISU charge management/consultancy fees to the club? Or interest on the money they 'invest'? If ever someone could get hold of the breakdown of such aspects of the accounts it would make the rental money seem a dip in the ocean.

Are you really think there is a pay as you play deal on offer at Ricoh?

The whole of the financial fair play program is that extra debt for lost revenue can't be put on club debt... It's given as a 'gift' on the provision it does not become loaded as debt in future. And as Dogga and Haggis have said before, the value they have to make up is not as large as is made out in the press.

And without going over old tired ground, here's a simple question... A Xmas quiz if you like...

Who pays the wages of CCFC players and staff every week?

A) ACL
B) Otium/SISU
C) Coventry City Council

Who said anything about pay as you play? Missed the point.

Sixfields £150k pa. Ricoh £100k pa. Matchday costs are equivalent wherever we play so irrelevant. Ricoh would see higher crowds than Sixfields.

Sixfields costs more, brings in less. Simple as that.

As for the Xmas quiz...

d) The fans, by buying tickets, merchandise etc. Or at least it would be if they weren't being driven away.......
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:27 pm

plastic scouser wrote:For the last year or so, I've been able to see both sides of this massive fuck-up.....I knew Sisu were **** & I knew ACL/CCC were ****....equally ****, greedy & incompetent....or so I believed....

...but over the last month or so, I've changed my mind slightly....ACL/CCC are still ****, but Sisu are uber ****.

These fantasy stadium drawings are just another massive piss-take, much like sending letters threatening legal action to your own fucking fan-base....

My wife occasionally looks at bespoke kitchen designs in magazines.....

....but until I get cash, plans & permission in place to extend my house, its simply a dizzy blonde entertaining a daydream...

Fuck you Sisu.
Fuck you ACL.
Fuck you football.

Yep. I expected artists impressions eventually, as there's only so long you can keep a pretence up without any evidence at all, and even hollow stuff like this is better than nothing to keep the farce going that bit longer. Was it always planned for now, or released as a response to the survey a few days ago?

Wouldn't take that long or cost too much to ask an artist to whip up a purely cosmetic design with enough personal touches and a slight hint of individuality to make it seem feasible, especially without any technical considerations or even a site to have to factor in. I've seen more detailed designs/animations for absolute pie-in-the-sky stuff, like 4km tall skyscrapers. Remember those fancy drawings for a stadium with folding roof and removable pitch? I seem to remember it even had a model of it doing the rounds. What happened to that? Oh yeah, it ran out of cash and ended up never being built, with the council baling it out and ending up being massively watered down......

It's all bollocks but just to humour them I'll consider it an actual proposal. I assume this is the finished 23k stadium as that roof looks like a bugger to take apart and redo. I was expecting four separate stands, with extensions for the corners and/or extra tiers. And why would a 12k stadium need two tiers? I'm surprised even a modern day 23k stadium would have them. I also like the ambition - even in its fully extended form its still smaller than HR...

BTW, how much would it cost to expand it from the 12k to 23k capacity? And how much capacity would be lost as each expansion took place?
AD
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to CCFC Chat