3 to go?

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

3 to go?

Postby the boss » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:23 am

What is the point anymore? Baker, Clarke and Murphy to save a million.
iPad [ Post made via iPad ]
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Re: 3 to go?

Postby skyblue025 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:27 am

Baker has confirmed it on twitter. Apparently they were told before yesterday game.

Might explain Bakers and Leon's performance. Loen was straight down the tunnel at the end as well, ran off the pitch. He normally acknowledges the City fans.

Just another kick in bollocks in a long line of " Hey my legs are open, take a run up and give me your best punt"
If Fishing is a sport, then i am an athlete!!!

If it's wet and smells of fish be happy!!!
skyblue025
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:12 pm

What did the 7700 who didn't buy season tickets think would happen? Surely to force SISU out (which I think is unlikely to work anyway) the exact thing they're trying to achieve is starve their cashflow so the first thing to happen is to sell assets
Android [ Post made via Android ]
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby king chillout » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:01 pm

dog rout 21 wrote:What did the 7700 who didn't buy season tickets think would happen? Surely to force SISU out (which I think is unlikely to work anyway) the exact thing they're trying to achieve is starve their cashflow so the first thing to happen is to sell assets

Except most seasons a lot more than 7700 people do buy season tickets and see the best players flogged anyway !

SISU have taken the club hostage and holed themselves up in Northampton....not the fans. SISU are to blame for their shitty prospects of taking fuck all money this season, with a big dollop of help from The Football League.

Stop blaming the fans because they have stopped acting like fucking doormats. SISU could have the club playing at the Ricoh for almost nothing but have decided playing in front of a few hundred people is the way to go. I can't see the logic in it, no matter how much I try. SISU want to build a new stadium to move into in five years time......but are on course to make the club extinct by Christmas or even sooner ? [smilie=icon_blink.gif]
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:47 pm

If you're to thick to see the by starving the club of cash the best players will leave then it's no longer worth arguing anymore.

To steal a comment from FB: What's the Jimmy Hill quote currently doing the rounds?: "Ownership Is Temporary, Loyalty Is Permanent". This is OUR club, being run by people that do not have Sky Blue blood in their veins. To many people think the way to sole this is to stay away - it isn't. Do not moan when CB, LC, and JM eventually leave, because a club looking to make savings will always get rid of the top earners first. -10 points is a catchable gap, if the experienced players aren't sold off. Strength In Adversity!
The Englander

Highscores: 7

3 to go?

Postby Roger Mellie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:33 pm

Let it go Sid, the clubs dead. Coventry playing in Northampton is just like Wimbledon dying when they moved to MK. Once that move is done the club ceases to exist.

It reminds me of when a kids first pet dies and they stand over it saying "please don't die rover, please" when it's already maggot food.

A "Phoenix" club is possible but the ccfc we all grew up supporting and giving a shit about dies when that first ball is kicked at the sixfields.

Good work Marlon.

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:50 am

It will certainly be interesting to see the attendances at sixfields & also at the Ricoh for the charity match on at the same time.

I have to say I'm actually impressed that someone has managed to get their shit together & organised this charity game.....

...all other attempts of the fans & trust to organise have been pathetic to date.....I suppose the lady Godiva protest march was OK, but the lack of media coverage & interest was embarrassing....

I agree with KC in as much as I just don't get why Sisu are still involved......they've blown it....even if they do manage to put ACL out of business, the JR has ensured that CCC would probably rather burn the Ricoh down than sell it to them....So unless City is being used as a mega complex tax write-off scheme...a vehicle for Sisu to bury all other business bad debts before finally nailing the coffin lid down....I dunno anymore....

SISU, ACL & CCC are all culpable in this farce.....but I still place the majority of the blame on the **** who run the club into the ground before Sisu arrived...

....Roger is also correct in as much as soon as a ball is kicked at sxfields...its over.... & you can stick any phoenix club up yer arse....
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:56 am

....also...I wonder if ALL profits from the charity match go to charity....

...or are ACL still gonna pocket the car-parking & pie money?.....
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Roger Mellie wrote:Let it go Sid, the clubs dead.

I'm aware that the club is dead, but I haven't got my boat yet, so need it to cling on for a few more weeks....
The Englander

Postby the boss » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:33 pm

if you got bum raped everytime you bent over, sooner or later you would start thinking twice before bending over 8)
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:56 pm

dog rout 21 wrote:What did the 7700 who didn't buy season tickets think would happen? Surely to force SISU out (which I think is unlikely to work anyway) the exact thing they're trying to achieve is starve their cashflow so the first thing to happen is to sell assets

if SISU or anyone else for one moment believed 8000 would buy a season ticket to watch City play there then they are barking mad :lol: If they give them away free and offered free transfers they still would not get 8000. I still think 300 is a surprise.
the boss
Manager
Manager

3 to go?

Postby Roger Mellie » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:01 pm

Apparently 300 is a tad optimistic, nearer 100 is the rumour.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:13 pm

Roger Mellie wrote:Apparently 300 is a tad optimistic, nearer 100 is the rumour.

another rumour is to save a little cash they are using jumpers as goalposts 8)
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:59 pm

According to reports earlier, it's creeping towards 400. And Murphy stated the three players were not told to find new clubs too. They were told to bring the younger, inexperienced through the shit currently going on at the club.
The Englander

Postby the boss » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:28 pm

The Englander wrote:According to reports earlier, it's creeping towards 400.

hope they have the pies and tea to cope 8)
the boss
Manager
Manager

Return to CCFC Chat