I wonder what the odds are on.....

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Postby Roger Mellie » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:51 am

All the ACL are **** or sisu are **** arguments are irrelevant as the club is now dead. Anyone who bothers going now needs their head looking at.

Good work Marlon.

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Re: I wonder what the odds are on.....

Postby the boss » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Roger Mellie wrote:All the ACL are **** or sisu are **** arguments are irrelevant as the club is now dead. Anyone who bothers going now needs their head looking at.

Roger Mellie, the man who tells it like it is ;-) 8)
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby adge » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:22 am

Correct! People are also forgetting that the Team on the pitch is going to be fucking dire-relegation written all over it i'm afraid.
Lest we forget-THE AWFUL PAUL TELFER!
adge
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:35 pm

^

no, no we're not forgetting that. not for a moment. I've said this before - League 2 in two seasons, Conference in 5, unless this shite gets sorted out.
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby Realist » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:28 pm

It's better than finishing 8th in the Championship I suppose. :-)

Prediction League World Champion.
Realist

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby adge » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:32 pm

Indeed! Dowie in!
Android [ Post made via Android ]
adge
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:47 pm

But Real has a good point. Maybe it's time for another useless manager to get completely lucky & do moderately ok with a bunch of players who perform ok in spite of, rather than because of him.
It's happened before. :)
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:49 pm

If our best XI can stay injury free we're getting promoted, not relegated.
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Postby Burf » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:39 pm

What, even with the next points deduction we're surely heading for as this sorry,sordid mess drags on?
Sorry Sid, can't see it.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:47 am

As Sid says the spine of the team if it stays as it is decent and is more likely to be top half than bottom half. But how many of those players will still be here come the end of the season. If we can somehow add a couple of players to the ones we have then we have a chance of a decent season but that is a huge if.

One positive is that our away form is better than our home form so we shouldnt miss the Ricoh.
billythefish

Postby AD » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:33 am

Attacking wise i think we're a threat (assuming the likes of Baker don't go anywhere) but I usually find it's the team's that concede the most goals who are in and around relegation, and that is where I believe our problems will lie.

One 19y-o CB (who appears to pick up a few injuries) who's never played more than a couple of games back-to back, an increasing likelihood Christie will be moving on leaving us with the not-terrible-but-hardly-great Clarke, a decent LB in Adams and a keeper in Murphy who again could be worse but isn't amazing either.

Embargo won't be lifted and I can't see the league allowing emergency loans if we've got two CB's on the books but who we steadfastly refuse to play (but the league have shown themselves to be pretty gutless so maybe they'd just capitulate again).

I see us as mid-to-lower half, flirting with relegation if any further points deductions are given.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:07 am

17th...

...or out of business.

[smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:29 pm

Burf wrote:What, even with the next points deduction we're surely heading for as this sorry,sordid mess drags on?
Sorry Sid, can't see it.

Sort of said tongue-in-cheek, but in Murphy we have a decent keeper at this level, in Christie and Adams we have two of the best full-backs in the division (Though sadly I can't see us keeping the former), Baker and Moussa are class acts in this division on their day, I personally rate Connor Thomas (The CT played in the correct position and given a run of games), and Clarke up front is one of the best finishers in League One. There are a few decent youngsters that have a chance to make a name for themselves (Before being sold on!), including Louis Garner. If there isn't a mass sell-off in the next few weeks, I'm not as doom-and-gloom as a fair few....
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Postby billythefish » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:24 am

The Englander wrote:
Burf wrote:What, even with the next points deduction we're surely heading for as this sorry,sordid mess drags on?
Sorry Sid, can't see it.

Sort of said tongue-in-cheek, but in Murphy we have a decent keeper at this level, in Christie and Adams we have two of the best full-backs in the division (Though sadly I can't see us keeping the former), Baker and Moussa are class acts in this division on their day, I personally rate Connor Thomas (The CT played in the correct position and given a run of games), and Clarke up front is one of the best finishers in League One. There are a few decent youngsters that have a chance to make a name for themselves (Before being sold on!), including Louis Garner. If there isn't a mass sell-off in the next few weeks, I'm not as doom-and-gloom as a fair few....

I agree Sid that if we can keep that spine of the side then we will do ok especially if we can add a couple of centre backs to bolster the squad (Martin is rumoured to being released by Southampton so perhaps he is one of them). We have some trialists with the team in Holland but they are all attacking players.
billythefish

Postby plastic scouser » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:36 am

Well, they're gonna have the work cut out....

Latest developments would suggest ACL have no intention of signing the CVA.....so we may well be starting on -15.....
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:45 am

^
my point exactly Scouser. this is going to be messy, lets face it.
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:46 am

That PKH chap really is a star isnt he. Do you think he ever has done anything in his life without letting the CET know about it?

It really is touch and go which one out of him and Fisher is the worst. If only we could get rid of both these despicable individuals and we might get somewhere. Unless that happens then we may well start with -15.
billythefish

Postby AD » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:27 pm

billythefish wrote:That PKH chap really is a star isnt he. Do you think he ever has done anything in his life without letting the CET know about it?

It really is touch and go which one out of him and Fisher is the worst. If only we could get rid of both these despicable individuals and we might get somewhere. Unless that happens then we may well start with -15.

Yep, although I think TF is the worst. PKH is a twat, TF is a twat with a brain.

If it's all the same to him, I won't be taking lectures on being grown up from a man who ties balloons to a person's car they're supposed to be negotiating with in a professional manner.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:29 am

AD wrote:
billythefish wrote:That PKH chap really is a star isnt he. Do you think he ever has done anything in his life without letting the CET know about it?

Yep, although I think TF is the worst. PKH is a twat, TF is a twat with a brain.

If it's all the same to him, I won't be taking lectures on being grown up from a man who ties balloons to a person's car they're supposed to be negotiating with in a professional manner.

Agreed no wonder that things that got this bad with these two involved.
billythefish

Postby king chillout » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:15 pm

Apparently the club have sold up to 300 season tickets so far. Even fewer than I thought ! :shock:

Odds on some league game gates being less than 750 ?

Odds on some JPT games being less than 300 ?

A decent chance we might see both those I reckon.
king chillout
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to CCFC Chat