Statement

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Re: Statement

Postby the boss » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:54 pm

dog rout 21 wrote:Me and Haggis must be thick

at last someone speaks the truth 8)
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby king chillout » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:16 pm

dog rout 21 wrote:Me and Haggis must be thick, we were talking about Hoff's offer this morning and couldn't work out what was in it for the club? Don't have to pay the 400k per year ricoh rent but then lose the half the ticket sales but still don't get any beer/pie money. Surely even the biggest mong could see that a) the bottom line for the club/sisu is probably worse than projections at sixfields b) the Hoff's investors more than double their investment based on his forecasted sales, so he's basically screwing us out of money c) SISU have no wish to stay at the ricoh so why is this load of shit deal going to persuade them?

I can see a massive benefit to SISU if they accepted this offer......play at the Ricoh and keep ownership of the team and club, and have at least a wafer thin hope of a brighter future....... or carry on with the move to Northampton and watch what little they have dwindle down to sweet fuck all and be left with nothing.

Leaving Coventry is suicide. But for some ungodly reason the daft fuckers are going for it.
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:22 pm

the boss wrote:

I deliberately put that in for you boss man.
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The Yid » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:30 pm

dog rout 21 wrote:Me and Haggis must be thick, we were talking about Hoff's offer this morning and couldn't work out what was in it for the club? Don't have to pay the 400k per year ricoh rent but then lose the half the ticket sales but still don't get any beer/pie money. Surely even the biggest mong could see that a) the bottom line for the club/sisu is probably worse than projections at sixfields b) the Hoff's investors more than double their investment based on his forecasted sales, so he's basically screwing us out of money c) SISU have no wish to stay at the ricoh so why is this load of shit deal going to persuade them?

Indeed... In fact I was really surprised that the financial facts you've alluded to weren't in the article. But then I found out that the Hoff is in fact a board member of Trinity Mirror - the company that owns the Telegraph. So it's really no wonder this wasn't mentioned was it?

The offer isn't an offer - its a way to fleece more out of the club
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby the boss » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:36 pm

dog rout 21 wrote:
the boss wrote:

I deliberately put that in for you boss man.

well you are a daft thick **** then 8)
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:42 am

It's too difficult to put a proper figure on it as the plan is so vague. However what is clear is it's not actually rent free or not paying the rent - it's paying the rent through a third person.

I assume that the attendance at the Ricoh would be at least 5,000 per game more than at Sixfields – this is undoubtedly conservative – so 5,000 at an average £15 per ticket for 25 games equals £1.875m extra revenue.

Otium can take half of this upside for trading purposes; the people who put up the money with me would take a return to cover financing and other costs and any additional revenue would be invested in the Academy.

All we’re saying is we want the £400,000 for the rent back from ticket sales, which is reasonable. Anything above that they can have and the Academy can have. We’re not here to make a return out of it.

Now, these seem to suggest that GH only wants back the outlay and 'covering costs', but covering 'other costs' is so wide ranging it's meaningless. Expenses are supposed to cover costs and look how they've been abused over the years. GH may well be willing to do it 'at cost', but I doubt his other financiers, almost certainly bankers, are. Expect others costs to also include time spent by them on it, which won't come cheap, and although in financial speak wouldn't classify as a 'return' they'd definitely be getting something out of it into their own pockets.

It's also difficult to say exactly what the expected turnout will be in Northants - figures range from 1k to a sellout, so it's hard to promise someone half of the increased revenue when no-one knows what that will be, unless all the parties set out a figure in stone and we know what the likelihood of that happening is.

My instinct is the club would make more money from this than at Northants, even if the NOPM thing capitulated, but it's a worse deal than that offered by ACL. Well, it's effectively the same deal but with a middleman taking a cut. So why agree to this when you wouldn't agree to ACL's proposal.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby Nick » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Nick
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Statement

Postby Roger Mellie » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:52 am

:lol:

Good work Marlon.

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:18 pm

Pretty much spot on Nick...

dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The Yid » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:21 pm

Bet SISU are shitting it....
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Postby the boss » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:24 pm

lets be fair, that picture was taken at 10am. There were 5000 there at 12 8)
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:25 pm

the boss wrote:lets be fair, that picture was taken at 10am. There were 5000 there at 12 8)

Not unless that pub extended its breakfast deal to midday
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Postby the boss » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:34 pm

The Yid wrote:
the boss wrote:lets be fair, that picture was taken at 10am. There were 5000 there at 12 8)

what pub ??? Have i missed something :?:
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:28 pm

the boss wrote:
The Yid wrote:

what pub ??? Have i missed something :?:

A brain? [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]

I see Fisher has been getting threats and people waiting for him outside Ryton, surprised it took this long to be honest given our mongs but making threats against his kids? that's a proper **** trick
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Statement

Postby Roger Mellie » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:03 pm

I wouldn't read too much into those allegations seeing as he didn't know how many people allegedly threatened him. Him, sisu, ACL, hoff, Haskell etc all using the press to garner support and push their own agendas when in reality they're all just massive **** who finished the club off.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Statement

Postby Realist » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:16 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373757379.566968.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prediction League World Champion.
Realist

Prediction League Wins: 2

Statement

Postby Roger Mellie » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:41 am

:lol:
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:14 am

a sad sign of how bad things are is when Roger talks the most sense on here. Never thought I'd live to see the day :shock:
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby Nick » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:27 am

the boss wrote:a sad sign of how bad things are is when Roger talks the most sense on here. Never thought I'd live to see the day :shock:

We are still waiting for your day to come 8)
Nick
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Postby the boss » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:57 am

Nick wrote:
the boss wrote:a sad sign of how bad things are is when Roger talks the most sense on here. Never thought I'd live to see the day :shock:

We are still waiting for your day to come 8)

That day may come if you fuckers stop posting 8)
the boss
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to CCFC Chat