Statement

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Statement

Postby Nick » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:24 pm

Is it time for the Untrust to release a statement seems as every fucker else has - get on it COC lad 8)
Nick
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Statement

Postby Roger Mellie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:18 pm

Coventry United?? What fucking **** thought that up? No one on gods earth is going to follow a cov team called united.

Good work Marlon.

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Re: Statement

Postby the boss » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Roger Mellie wrote:Coventry United?? What fucking **** thought that up? No one on gods earth is going to follow a cov team called united.

Coventry Bantams is what the new club should be called if it ever came about.
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:22 pm

But, Rog, they've got Brian Ndlovu!!!

I can't believe how quick all these die hard city fans have taken the opportunity to start supporting another club, even worse another cov club [smilie=icon_blink.gif]
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby the boss » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:36 pm

dog rout 21 wrote:But, Rog, they've got Brian Ndlovu!!!

I can't believe how quick all these die hard city fans have taken the opportunity to start supporting another club, even worse another cov club [smilie=icon_blink.gif]

trouble is, there will only be one 'Cov club' unless you also believe Milton keynes dons are still Wimbledon 8)
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby slobbydan sillibic » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:56 pm

Coventry sporting sounds good...
i am wearing sensible feet
slobbydan sillibic
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:14 pm

the boss wrote:

trouble is, there will only be one 'Cov club' unless you also believe Milton keynes dons are still Wimbledon 8)

So if manure moved to surrey it would be ok for all the mancs to start supporting citeh?...
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The Yid » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:19 pm

It's a win-win situation for all the Gary 'White Dhinsa' Hoffman fans - as he wil finally be able to invest his £1 in a club that matches his ambition AND investment
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby king chillout » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:43 pm

At work today my cousin came up with a name for a new Coventry club....Coventry AKA......as a nod to the Two Tone era. [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:35 pm

He must have got all the brains in the family then?
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby skyblue » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:42 am

I'd change the name of the club to Coventry Cobblers in honour of our new home ground and so we can sing "what a load of cobblers" for 90 minutes every week.
Have fun
skyblue
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Postby Burf » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:29 am

He must have got all the brains in the family then?

:lol:
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:28 am

dog rout 21 wrote:
the boss wrote:

So if manure moved to surrey it would be ok for all the mancs to start supporting citeh?...

silly really as it would be a lot closer for most of their fans ;-) Anyway I always have and always will support all teams that play in Coventry same as I follow Tenerife as I now live here. If Tenerife moved to Madrid I would not. What would be the point as I may as well follow Madrid.

On another point I had a reply from the footbal leauge today. Utter bollox, as I expected.
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:51 am

Just been reading about Hoffmans 'offer' regarding the Ricoh rent... Not quite as generous as the mongs are making out. But certainly enough to ramp up the pressure on Fisher and the fl..
Android [ Post made via Android ]
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:29 pm

plastic scouser wrote:Just been reading about Hoffmans 'offer' regarding the Ricoh rent... Not quite as generous as the mongs are making out. But certainly enough to ramp up the pressure on Fisher and the fl..

Agreed - smart bit of PA that one.

Make an offer that the majority of fans want that is unlikely to be accepted. Then when its turned down you can ramp up the pressure on the current board. Have to applaud him for that one. Would have been interesting what would have happened if the board had accepted the offer. Not that it was ever likely to happen.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby AD » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Definitely an interesting move. As you say he knew it would get rejected, he could release that to the media and say "look, even with a rent free stadium, no extra costs from broken agreements and access to higher ticket revenues they still take the club away"
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:07 pm

my reply from the FL;

Thank you for your email. We have received numerous emails and telephone calls from Coventry City fans concerned at the on-going situation at the club. We can assure you that your email has been read but given the volume of emails, we cannot always provide an individual response.

As background, it is worth clarifying the administration process and explaining the role of The Football League. The administrator is an officer of the High Court and owes duties to both the Court and creditors. It is the administrator that controls whatever assets an insolvent company holds and he has to determine the sale process in accordance with principles of Insolvency Law. The League plays no part in this and ultimately has to try and work with the administrator’s nominated purchaser. The Football League’s role is to administer and regulate the competition that it’s members play in and only has the power to do so within its regulations. These are available to view on our website here: http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/R ... 94,00.html.

The administrator sold the assets under his control to Otium Entertainment Group and The League currently remains in discussions with Otium and the administrator to determine whether the Club can exit from administration in accordance with our Insolvency Policy.

Each Football Club is a business in its own right and The Football League has no direct influence with regards to negotiations over lease agreements, stadium ownership etc. We regulate the competition that our clubs play in and ultimately aim to ensure that they all retain their membership of The League within the competition structure.

The club’s owners have for some time been in dispute with the owners of the Ricoh Arena – Arena Coventry Limited (ACL) with regards to the playing of matches at the Ricoh Arena. It is The League Board’s view that it is a matter of regret that to date it has not proved possible for both parties to reconcile their differences. Otium made a request to the Board of Directors of The Football League to play it’s home matches at Northampton Town’s Sixfields Stadium.

In considering this request The League has stated that it believes that clubs should play in towns and cities from which they take their name. Nonetheless, from time to time, the Board is asked to consider temporary relocations as a means of securing a club’s on-going participation in our competition. With no prospect of an agreement being reached between Otium and ACL, the Board was placed in an invidious position - with the very real possibility of Coventry City being unable to fulfil its fixtures for next season. This would inevitably call into question the club’s continued membership of The Football League.

With the new season less than four weeks away, the Board required certainty as to where the Club would play its matches from the start of the new campaign. Reluctantly, the Board of Directors of The Football League has approved the application to relocate on a temporary basis only. The League has set out certain requirements of this consent in order to ensure the best outcome possible for the football club. Otium must provide a Performance Bond of £1m with The Football League as an assurance of the club’s commitment to return to the Coventry area. In addition, the Board's approval remains entirely conditional on the Club ultimately exiting administration in accordance with The Football League’s conditions and achieving a successful transfer of its League share.

The League continues to urge both Otium and ACL to continue to explore every possible opportunity to resolve this dispute, for the good of the City of Coventry, its football club and people living in the local community.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Kind Regards

Amanda

Amanda Craig

Customer Services Administrator
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Christ. Birds. Working at the football league. No wonder it's in such a state.

I'm off to tell Andy Gray & monkey man Keyes.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:10 pm

Burf wrote:Christ. Birds. Working at the football league. No wonder it's in such a state.

I'm off to tell Andy Gray & monkey man Keyes.

exactly :roll: I only asked if they could help me sell the bed sit and raise a bit of finance to buy the ricoh. A simple no would of done 8)
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Me and Haggis must be thick, we were talking about Hoff's offer this morning and couldn't work out what was in it for the club? Don't have to pay the 400k per year ricoh rent but then lose the half the ticket sales but still don't get any beer/pie money. Surely even the biggest mong could see that a) the bottom line for the club/sisu is probably worse than projections at sixfields b) the Hoff's investors more than double their investment based on his forecasted sales, so he's basically screwing us out of money c) SISU have no wish to stay at the ricoh so why is this load of shit deal going to persuade them?
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to CCFC Chat