Start Early

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Start Early

Postby skyblue025 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:17 am

Right ho. Who's going to Crawley then???

Bound to be an away day sell out, but with only 3 1/2 season tickets sold its going to be a scramble once they go on general sale.
If Fishing is a sport, then i am an athlete!!!

If it's wet and smells of fish be happy!!!
skyblue025
Manager
Manager

Re: Start Early

Postby plastic scouser » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:34 am

No.

I intend to go to Tranmere, Oldham, Preston, Port Vale, Crewe, Notts County & Wolves away games.

I may also go to the Walsall away fixture if City are playing their homes games there. :roll:

This itinerary is subject to change depending on hangovers, weather, weed & work & general apathy towards City & football in general.
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:37 pm

plastic scouser wrote:No.

I intend to go to Tranmere, Oldham, Preston, Port Vale, Crewe, Notts County & Wolves away games.

I may also go to the Walsall away fixture if City are playing their homes games there. :roll:

This itinerary is subject to change depending on hangovers, weather, weed & work & general apathy towards City & football in general.

Will be probably do a similar amount of away games as long as they are at weekends, add in the odd home game if up for the weekend and the odd mid week game in London when working in the smoke. For the first time in years havent even looked at the fixtures yet to see when the local (ish) games to me are.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby Timbo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:45 pm

The fixture list looks pretty good to me. Only two midweek away games - Orient and Gillingham. The games at the grounds I've not been to are nicely spaced throughout the season with the only one I definitely can't make being Oldham on Easter Monday.
Timbo

Prediction League Wins: 1

Start Early

Postby Roger Mellie » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:59 pm

Haven't even looked at the fixtures.

Good work Marlon.

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Start Early

Postby Realist » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:53 am

Has the fixture lost been released yet?

Prediction League World Champion.
Realist

Postby skyblue025 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:40 am

Thats my Crawley tickets bought. Just like last year from the Crawley website. I do love a terrace in August!

Usually i start the season full of hope, not his this year. I am already resigned to the fact its going to be a mid table bore at best and a probable relegation if i am being honest. Whats worse is the still, ongoing, never ending shit surrounding the club and no one has mentioned the football yet.
skyblue025
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Anyone doing Orient? I can probably pick up a couple of priority tickets before it sells out using my season ticket.
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby billythefish » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:24 am

dog rout 21 wrote:Anyone doing Orient? I can probably pick up a couple of priority tickets before it sells out using my season ticket.

What date is it mate?
billythefish

Postby dog rout 21 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:01 am

Tuesday 6th
Android [ Post made via Android ]
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Timbo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:17 am

I can't make any of the games in the first couple of weeks. Was definitely going to go to Port Vale and Stevenage. Before that I was going to go to one of the home games (Preston or Colchester). I might do Carlisle if anyone else was up for it.
Timbo

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby billythefish » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:34 am

dog rout 21 wrote:Tuesday 6th

Sorry mate in Madrid so cant do that week. Will take a look at the fixtures and have to catch up soon.
billythefish

Start Early

Postby Realist » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:44 am

Timbo wrote:I might do Carlisle if anyone else was up for it.

Mellie?
Realist

Postby Burf » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:14 pm

I might do Carlisle.

But then again I might just not fucking bother, to be perfectly honest.
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:07 pm

...you'll be there burf la....

....you fucking love it in Cumbria......

...and you'll be at Deepdale for the standard defeat....

.....cos when all is said & done.....you're a city fan & therefore, by default, glutton for punishment. [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:43 pm

thanks Scouser....how thoroughly depressing ...... [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
Burf
Manager
Manager

Start Early

Postby Roger Mellie » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:33 pm

I'll not be at any, done with the ****.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:56 pm

^

he's right.
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby skyblue025 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Just back from Crawley.

To be honest it told us nothing we didn't know. Lightweight at the back, no bite in midfield, not enough firepower up front. That said we created enough chances to win 2 games today but couldn't take them. Plenty of effort and endeavour but basic skills lacking. Played a 4 1 3 2 formation.

Murphy 7 Kept us in it at times with some good saves. No real chance with any of the goals
Christie 8 Our best defender and our best attacking option. If he is still with us at the end of the window I will be surprised. City's MOTM
Willis 5 Was bullied all game by Alexander a wily old lump of a centre forward. Came off injured with a calf injury by the look of it after going down a couple of times. Probably not 100% fit at the start of the game.
Clarke 5 Did his best but was a right back trying to fill in at left centre half. A foot shorter than his opponent.
Adams 5 Got caught out a few times defensively , crossing was poor when he got forward.
Thomas 4 Played as the holding midfielder. Distribution was 50% to a City player 50% to a Crawley player. At fault for the first 2 Crawley goals where he lost the ball around the 1/2 way line then backed off for 35 yds allowing the Crawley player to run from his 1/2 before smashing 1 in the top corner from 20 yds. 2nd goal lost his man at a back post corner to leave him with a free header from 5 yds. Couldn't miss. Had 1 great run played a nice 1 2 and had a 1 on 1 with the keeper who saved it. Went down injured at that stage and came out second 1/2 with heavy strapping on his wrist.
Fleck 6 Looks like he has lost 2 stone. Had some nice touches but not physical enough or involved enough. HAd a shot that cleared the stand and the car park behind it.
Moussa 4 first 1/2 8 second 1/2 Barely did anything first 1/2, second 1/2 he set up one and scored another and had a shot blocked by Leon that had goal all over it.
Baker 5 We need a captains performance from him every week with the strength of the squad. It wasn't his day today. Had a great chance in the first 2 minutes which the keeper saved and a shot second 1/2 which hit the roof of the stand. Other than that nothing he tried came off. Poor passing, light in the tackle.
Wilson 7 Caused them problems with his pace, had a great 1 on 1 which he created himself, but the keeper saved. Had a header from 12yds which skimmed the post and scored from a yard. Shows promise and is going to get game time this season.
Leon 5 Nothing went right for him. Not much service, had 1 good chance from a corner but missed with a header from almost exactly the same spot that the Crawley player scored from in the first 1/2. Blocked a Mouusa shot that was probably going in. Put himself about but looked a yard off the pace.

Sub
Phillips 6 Came on for Willis and did ok at centre 1/2.

Ref and lino at our end were abysmal nothing else to say about them. Missed so much it was embarrassing including a blatant foul in the build up to the corner for there 2nd goal. The corner was also wrongly given as there attacking player headed it out for a goal kick but he claimed it came of Christie. 1/2 the City team were around him complaining about it.

City fans - Some real mongs. About 10 ran onto the pitch after Crawleys second goal then another couple came around at 1/2 time trying to get everyone to run onto the pitch at 60 minutes, sit down and link arms. They claimed we wouldn't bet a banning order or a £1000 fine for going onto the player area.

Dissapointed we hadn't taken up the full allocation with plenty of people claiming they will go to away games and not home games. 1080 City fans if i heard the announcer correctly. I would estimate we could of had another 500 at least.

Overall we are going to struggle with no centre halves and the midfield we have. Any injury's at all and we are deep in the shit. That said a few signings with a bit of experience will make a massive difference and we could scrape a mid table position despite losing 10 pts. Crawley were no better than us and we deserved something out of the game.
skyblue025
Manager
Manager

Postby adge » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:39 am

If you think we are going to achieve anything with the likes of Clark playing at the back week in and week out and Thomas in midfield-think again! Even without the 10 points to make up it would have been a struggle with relegation. With the 10 points now imposed and the joker of a manager at the helm and the tripe on the pitch, it WILL be relegation.
Lest we forget-THE AWFUL PAUL TELFER!
adge
Manager
Manager

Return to CCFC Chat